Water system idea that keep bullies faces & your floor dry without wiping :)

JLBURCH31

Nov 23, 2011
We came up with this way to use a Lixit (see pics). Works really slick. Their faces and your floor stay nice & dry. No more wiping which IMO helps keep there faces less irritated.
The newer Lixit's that fill from the top work the best. Hubby just made a simple stand out of wood for it that sits over a bowl to catch any drips.

Harley's
DSC09347.jpg

Raven's
DSC09349.jpg

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
That looks like a good idea. I dont think Brutus would drink out of it though! LOL He is very weird with new things.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very handy idea!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a GREAT idea!! thanks for sharing

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good idea, we use the water bottles in their crates to save space from a bowl.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion uses one...but she will sit there and drink the whole bottle in a single day. Vegas, the one who needs it...doesn't care to use it. Vegas loves to stick his entire face in the bowl when drinking.

Well..here is a video. This was taken in July/August. Vegas falls at the end, but he's a tough cookie. Vegas had too much KBr in his system...for reasons we are not sure of. He is no longer on this seizure med...and hopefully we will never have to deal with this again.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Very cool setup, Bacon is too snobish to drink out of water bottles anymore. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Bacon slurps the same way as Vegas, it he has his really big bowl he will stick this entire snout in and blow bubbles with his nose.

M

mabel lou

Omg they work great as I use to work for a exotic bird business and that is how I learned to use those. I attached mine to the open cage so when they would go in to lay down or play whatever, they always had water available and yes a clean face is a much easier face when it comes to kisses:p

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We came up with this way to use a Lixit (see pics). Works really slick. Their faces and your floor stay nice & dry. No more wiping which IMO helps keep there faces less irritated.
The newer Lixit's that fill from the top work the best. Hubby just made a simple stand out of wood for it that sits over a bowl to catch any drips.

I just whipped one together... Hershey is getting awful puppy acne - sooooooo a few piece of scrap lumber.. .now to see if they will use it :)

Thanks for the idea and set up :)

Deestar

Mar 2, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Since Lucy's feeding area is the laundry room, I wonder if I could fasten a strong magnet to the back of the water bottle and stick it on the washing machine.

M

mabel lou

My girls both have their own bottle. With all the issues of moisture in the wrinkles we have with our EBDs on this site I bet everyone is out buying these lol for their bullies. My girl Thelma has always drank from a bowl and because she is 6yrs old I just assumed she was set in her ways to much to ever try it out. Well here recently mabel got into Thelmas water bowl and with that came slobber and water everywhere so I picked up Thelmas water bowl and cleaned mabels face and the floor ect. I got busy with something else and all of a sudden I heard sip....... sip....... sip....... sip instead of sipsipsipsipsip from my girl mabel and I walked out their and omg Thelma was drinking from the sippy bottle for the first time ever. Thats a wrap for the water bowl and so yeah we totally encourage this for all dogs in our family. When I picked up Thelmas bowl and began cleaning up mabel I didn't know thelma was going to get thirsty and she did but she had watched mabel do this daily with the water bottle and so she knew if she wanted water she can get it from the sippy lol. I really wasn't going to change this for thelma and was ok that she drink from a water bowl but thanks to mabel getting into thelmas water bowl that day now both my girls drink from the sippy
010.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.