Lola update

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
We took Lola to the vet yesterday for her final shots. She weighs 21 lbs at 14 weeks 3 days. My vet was saying how tall she was saying she is bigger than the average puppy and that was so good to hear after me thinking she was underweight. He also told me he thinks she will be around 60lbs:eek: when full grown. I am so relieved she is doing so well! Also she had the runs for 3 days before the appointment and tested her and found rods? I am not sure what that is and I need to look it up but they gave her medication twice a day for 10 days. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Also we went over geting her fixed and he said he keeps all bulldogs over night and most of the next day but since we live out of town he said he would keep her for 2 nights at no extra charge. They also put a fluoride enamel on the teeth at the time of a spay. I posted about her tail and he said it is a long tail and I told him she couldnt lift it when she poops, he was squeezing her tail and she has no feeling in it so that may be why it lays there limp. He said it was up to me what I wanted to do but he would cut some off at the time of spay if I would like. I think we will wait tell January to fix her so we have time to figure it all out. So what is rods and how do they get it? And is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Boy..I've never heard of rods! Weird! But treatment sounds like worm treatment. I'd leave her tail alone. I think messing with it could cause problems..and cleaning it after :poo: won't! Just my unsolicitated opinion! :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Rods is a bacterial infection, but I'm not sure how they catch it. Glad everything else went well.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I havent heard of rods before....I hope Lola feels better soon. Have you tried the bland diet until her tummy settles? As far as her tail I wouldnt cut it either.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did a google search of 'rods' .... it is a bacterial infection usually in the ears or urine, but can be in other areas as well

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think it is in her urine and they found it when they did a stool sample but the vet said its carried in her bodily fluids so im assuming that covers pee? I wonder if that mean saliva too? I went last month and saw a different vet because my vet wasnt in the office and he told me that Lola was underweight because bulldogs aren't supposed to be thin. Yesterday I went to Lola's usual bulldog vet and he said she was not under weight that she will look funny tell she is 10 to 12 months and then they start to fill out and he was telling me how tall and what a big girl she is. I know when I go to get her fixed I will make sure he is the one doing it thats for sure. No one else in the office seems to know bulldogs like him but he ownes 2 himself and breeds them. I tried looking up rods but cant find anything on it but in the ear.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola has been on her meds for a few days now and she doesnt have the runs anymore! She loves the peanut butter pill pockets I got for her so pill time she loves. Must not be anything major because she is getting over it pretty easy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.