Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: Question regarding pet hotels?

  1. #1
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default Question regarding pet hotels?

    Okay bare with me this is kind of long So my boyfriend's sister just got engaged and is planning to get married sometime next year. It's a possibility her wedding will be in another state. Her family is pressuring us to put Tank in a dog motel but I honestly am afraid of doing that because I'm worried about him getting sick from other dogs, getting separation anxiety and not eating his food, or possibly overheating. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pet hotels that specialize in bulldogs? I don't feel safe leaving him somewhere he's never been before and somewhere that the people don't know the breed well. I guess you could say I'm over-exaggerating but I always worry about Tankers. We are also wondering if there is anyone here on EBN that is in the Southern California area that would be interested in watching Tank for us if we did go out of state for a weekend for the wedding. I'd feel a lot safer doing that before a pet motel. We'd also be willing to take anyone else's bullies in for them as well Please let me know your intake! I need some advice! Thanks!
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  2. #2
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    For about six months, I took Bea to "Doggie Day Camp" two days a week at the Petsmart Pet Hotel" in Woodinville, WA. I got to know the staff and they got to know Bea. I would have been absolutely comfortable in leaving her in their care. They have "luxury" rooms with TVs and you can buy play time and even doggie ice creams and peanut butter kongs. It's the luxury aspect of it than appeals so much to me. Another doggie daycare that Bo has gone to "play days" at, is lovely too but it's not TVs and Ice Cream.

    How about taking him with and staying in a pet friendly hotel?

    Bully care exchange is a GREAT idea. If I were in SoCal, I'd take you up on that.

  3. #3
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Dubbiedog's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ann
    Location
    Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    970
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    Okay bare with me this is kind of long So my boyfriend's sister just got engaged and is planning to get married sometime next year. It's a possibility her wedding will be in another state. Her family is pressuring us to put Tank in a dog motel but I honestly am afraid of doing that because I'm worried about him getting sick from other dogs, getting separation anxiety and not eating his food, or possibly overheating. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pet hotels that specialize in bulldogs? I don't feel safe leaving him somewhere he's never been before and somewhere that the people don't know the breed well. I guess you could say I'm over-exaggerating but I always worry about Tankers. We are also wondering if there is anyone here on EBN that is in the Southern California area that would be interested in watching Tank for us if we did go out of state for a weekend for the wedding. I'd feel a lot safer doing that before a pet motel. We'd also be willing to take anyone else's bullies in for them as well Please let me know your intake! I need some advice! Thanks!
    My husband refuses to let Dublin be boarded or even go to doggie day care as he is so worried that she will overheat etc..... We do take her with us everywhere, even a 2300 mile car ride to take my son to college in NYC..Believe me she did better than I did. I think the idea of "swapping" dog sitting is an awesome one and i know there are a number of South Cal. members. It would be even better if someone here lived close by so that everyone could get to know each other well first. I hope you get some responses as I love your idea.

  4. #4
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    Okay bare with me this is kind of long So my boyfriend's sister just got engaged and is planning to get married sometime next year. It's a possibility her wedding will be in another state. Her family is pressuring us to put Tank in a dog motel but I honestly am afraid of doing that because I'm worried about him getting sick from other dogs, getting separation anxiety and not eating his food, or possibly overheating. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pet hotels that specialize in bulldogs? I don't feel safe leaving him somewhere he's never been before and somewhere that the people don't know the breed well. I guess you could say I'm over-exaggerating but I always worry about Tankers. We are also wondering if there is anyone here on EBN that is in the Southern California area that would be interested in watching Tank for us if we did go out of state for a weekend for the wedding. I'd feel a lot safer doing that before a pet motel. We'd also be willing to take anyone else's bullies in for them as well Please let me know your intake! I need some advice! Thanks!

    We are in Southern Cal. I'm totally open to a weekend with Tank. But..I'm a bit wary of how he and Jake would coexist. But...Jake seems to love everyone. How is Tank with cats? And..I'd need as much notice as possible...

  5. #5
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    We are in Southern Cal. I'm totally open to a weekend with Tank. But..I'm a bit wary of how he and Jake would coexist. But...Jake seems to love everyone. How is Tank with cats? And..I'd need as much notice as possible...
    That would be great! If we did it I would say we'd have to get Tank and Jake together a few times beforehand to get them to know each other. Tank is okay with cats, my boyfriends Mom has two and he's always been friendly with them. He does like to come up to them and sniff them to get a better look but he's never been violent. Where about's in So Cal are you?
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  6. #6
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    That would be great! If we did it I would say we'd have to get Tank and Jake together a few times beforehand to get them to know each other. Tank is okay with cats, my boyfriends Mom has two and he's always been friendly with them. He does like to come up to them and sniff them to get a better look but he's never been violent. Where about's in So Cal are you?

    We are in Monrovia...if I remember right.you are in desert more..right?

  7. #7
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    @boomsboo, just to give you more options, I would also be able to watch Tank for that weekend, or any other time. I'm in Pasadena, not too far from Becky. Finn is my little ornery one, and Tate gets along with just about everyone. Finn will be fine tho once he gets to know the other pooch.

    You have peeps here in So Cal who can help




  8. #8
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    We are in Monrovia...if I remember right.you are in desert more..right?
    Yes I'm close to Temecula area by Lake Elsinore.. so that wouldn't be too far at all! Okay I'll talk to my bf and once we figure out more with the location of the wedding I'll let you know
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  9. #9
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    @boomsboo, just to give you more options, I would also be able to watch Tank for that weekend, or any other time. I'm in Pasadena, not too far from Becky. Finn is my little ornery one, and Tate gets along with just about everyone. Finn will be fine tho once he gets to know the other pooch.

    You have peeps here in So Cal who can help
    Great! Pasadena isn't too far either! Like I told Becky when I figure out the wedding stuff I can go from there. Also please know that we would love to watch other bullies as well if you ever need a bully sitter! Tank would love company
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  10. #10
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    Yes I'm close to Temecula area by Lake Elsinore.. so that wouldn't be too far at all! Okay I'll talk to my bf and once we figure out more with the location of the wedding I'll let you know

    Thats right! Temecula is about an hour away..not bad! And you have options now I see!

  11. #11
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Thats right! Temecula is about an hour away..not bad! And you have options now I see!
    Yes! An hour is nothing when I know Tank will be in good hands and with another bully!
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  12. #12
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Question regarding pet hotels?

    I take Lola to her vet when I need to board her because they have 24/7 staff and it gives me a piece of mind that they know how to take care of her and if she does get sick she is at the right place!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •