Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Okay bare with me this is kind of long :D So my boyfriend's sister just got engaged and is planning to get married sometime next year. It's a possibility her wedding will be in another state. Her family is pressuring us to put Tank in a dog motel but I honestly am afraid of doing that because I'm worried about him getting sick from other dogs, getting separation anxiety and not eating his food, or possibly overheating. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pet hotels that specialize in bulldogs? I don't feel safe leaving him somewhere he's never been before and somewhere that the people don't know the breed well. I guess you could say I'm over-exaggerating:blink: but I always worry about Tankers. We are also wondering if there is anyone here on EBN that is in the Southern California area that would be interested in watching Tank for us if we did go out of state for a weekend for the wedding. I'd feel a lot safer doing that before a pet motel. We'd also be willing to take anyone else's bullies in for them as well:D Please let me know your intake! :pray:I need some advice! Thanks!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
For about six months, I took Bea to "Doggie Day Camp" two days a week at the Petsmart Pet Hotel" in Woodinville, WA. I got to know the staff and they got to know Bea. I would have been absolutely comfortable in leaving her in their care. They have "luxury" rooms with TVs and you can buy play time and even doggie ice creams and peanut butter kongs. It's the luxury aspect of it than appeals so much to me. Another doggie daycare that Bo has gone to "play days" at, is lovely too but it's not TVs and Ice Cream.

How about taking him with and staying in a pet friendly hotel?

Bully care exchange is a GREAT idea. If I were in SoCal, I'd take you up on that.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Okay bare with me this is kind of long :D So my boyfriend's sister just got engaged and is planning to get married sometime next year. It's a possibility her wedding will be in another state. Her family is pressuring us to put Tank in a dog motel but I honestly am afraid of doing that because I'm worried about him getting sick from other dogs, getting separation anxiety and not eating his food, or possibly overheating. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pet hotels that specialize in bulldogs? I don't feel safe leaving him somewhere he's never been before and somewhere that the people don't know the breed well. I guess you could say I'm over-exaggerating:blink: but I always worry about Tankers. We are also wondering if there is anyone here on EBN that is in the Southern California area that would be interested in watching Tank for us if we did go out of state for a weekend for the wedding. I'd feel a lot safer doing that before a pet motel. We'd also be willing to take anyone else's bullies in for them as well:D Please let me know your intake! :pray:I need some advice! Thanks!

My husband refuses to let Dublin be boarded or even go to doggie day care as he is so worried that she will overheat etc..... We do take her with us everywhere, even a 2300 mile car ride to take my son to college in NYC..Believe me she did better than I did. I think the idea of "swapping" dog sitting is an awesome one and i know there are a number of South Cal. members. It would be even better if someone here lived close by so that everyone could get to know each other well first. I hope you get some responses as I love your idea.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

We are in Southern Cal. I'm totally open to a weekend with Tank. But..I'm a bit wary of how he and Jake would coexist. But...Jake seems to love everyone. How is Tank with cats? And..I'd need as much notice as possible...:D

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
We are in Southern Cal. I'm totally open to a weekend with Tank. But..I'm a bit wary of how he and Jake would coexist. But...Jake seems to love everyone. How is Tank with cats? And..I'd need as much notice as possible...:D

That would be great! If we did it I would say we'd have to get Tank and Jake together a few times beforehand to get them to know each other. Tank is okay with cats, my boyfriends Mom has two and he's always been friendly with them. He does like to come up to them and sniff them to get a better look but he's never been violent. Where about's in So Cal are you? :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That would be great! If we did it I would say we'd have to get Tank and Jake together a few times beforehand to get them to know each other. Tank is okay with cats, my boyfriends Mom has two and he's always been friendly with them. He does like to come up to them and sniff them to get a better look but he's never been violent. Where about's in So Cal are you? :D

We are in Monrovia...if I remember right.you are in desert more..right?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=3189]boomsboo[/MENTION], just to give you more options, I would also be able to watch Tank for that weekend, or any other time. I'm in Pasadena, not too far from Becky. Finn is my little ornery one, and Tate gets along with just about everyone. Finn will be fine tho once he gets to know the other pooch.

You have peeps here in So Cal who can help :)

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
We are in Monrovia...if I remember right.you are in desert more..right?

Yes I'm close to Temecula area by Lake Elsinore.. so that wouldn't be too far at all! Okay I'll talk to my bf and once we figure out more with the location of the wedding I'll let you know :)

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
@boomsboo, just to give you more options, I would also be able to watch Tank for that weekend, or any other time. I'm in Pasadena, not too far from Becky. Finn is my little ornery one, and Tate gets along with just about everyone. Finn will be fine tho once he gets to know the other pooch.

You have peeps here in So Cal who can help :)

Great! Pasadena isn't too far either! Like I told Becky when I figure out the wedding stuff I can go from there. Also please know that we would love to watch other bullies as well if you ever need a bully sitter! Tank would love company :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes I'm close to Temecula area by Lake Elsinore.. so that wouldn't be too far at all! Okay I'll talk to my bf and once we figure out more with the location of the wedding I'll let you know :)

Thats right! Temecula is about an hour away..not bad! And you have options now I see! :D

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats right! Temecula is about an hour away..not bad! And you have options now I see! :D

Yes! An hour is nothing when I know Tank will be in good hands and with another bully! :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I take Lola to her vet when I need to board her because they have 24/7 staff and it gives me a piece of mind that they know how to take care of her and if she does get sick she is at the right place!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can see it now..... Becky and Henny 's Bow-Bow Hotel.... anyone else see the flashing neon signs???

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I would be way to nervous to board Brutus at a hotel/daycare. I wouldnt even want to board him at the vet. I think its a good idea you have options of amazing EBN members to help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.