Stuffed Kong

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So, I'm trying to think of safe toys that can be left in Tun's crate while we're at work. She's teething right now and I'm very catious what I leave in her crate while we're not home. I feel bad leaving her in there to begin with and I don't want her to get bored with her toys. Does anyone think it's safe to leave a stuffed/frozen kong in her crate?

Also, if anyone has any safe toy suggestions that I could leave in her crate? Right now she has a "tuff" stuffed dragon, nylabone keys and ball that came from her breeder with her mom's scent.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think you are good with whay you listed.... stuff Kong...shouldn't be a problem, but she is most likely sleeping the WHOLE time you are gone.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I think you are good with whay you listed.... stuff Kong...shouldn't be a problem, but she is most likely sleeping the WHOLE time you are gone.

That's what everyone says...i still feel guilty! I come home and her towels in her crate are all a mess and scrunched up.

Ps I see you're in PA were in Pittsburgh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
There is also another chew bone that is safe and we just got some and our bullies love them. Here is a pic of it and you can find them online. They come in different colors and sizes.

IMAG0275.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's what everyone says...i still feel guilty! I come home and her towels in her crate are all a mess and scrunched up.

the blankets being a mes... just 'nesting' where Banks sleeps during the day it is always nested whether it is pillows, blankets or her crate pad always all bunched up.

I am about an hour north-west of Philly

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

I have a webcam setup on Bacon and he sleeps all day, he will get up at around 11 go outside to relieve himself, come back in, drink some water, and will be asleep again until about 4 in the afternoon. We leave him his kong, a nylabone, and sometimes we leave him his antler to chew on, it's big enough that there is no way he could swallow it and it doesn't chip or splinter either so that's not a worry.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
the blankets being a mes... just 'nesting' where Banks sleeps during the day it is always nested whether it is pillows, blankets or her crate pad always all bunched up.

I am about an hour north-west of Philly

I glad to hear that's just her nesting...I was worried she was in there doing somersaults mad at me, lol. Sometimes I sneak in on her and she is passed out snoring away. Do you leave water in the crate?

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I have a webcam setup on Bacon and he sleeps all day, he will get up at around 11 go outside to relieve himself, come back in, drink some water, and will be asleep again until about 4 in the afternoon. We leave him his kong, a nylabone, and sometimes we leave him his antler to chew on, it's big enough that there is no way he could swallow it and it doesn't chip or splinter either so that's not a worry.

I need to get a webcam, I think it would make me feel so much better! What type of nylabone do you leave, just a regular one? I worry about chocking so bad!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am fairly confident that all of mine sleep from the minute the door closes to when they hear the garage door open again. Then they all scream like banshees until I get into the house. They bark, yelp and scream so loud you would think somebody was in there murdering them!!!! :blink:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I need to get a webcam, I think it would make me feel so much better! What type of nylabone do you leave, just a regular one? I worry about chocking so bad!
It's a big nylabone, not sure the exact one but it's too big for him to choke on. The webcam I have is just a dlink home wireless cam, there is an iphone/android app that you can access it from. It is color if the room is bright enough, then switches to black and white. It also has night vision I'll pm you the link.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I'm in the burgh too :)

Awesome!!! We're north towards Cranberry! We should plan a bulldog playdate, wonder if there's any other Pittsburgher's on here!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I glad to hear that's just her nesting...I was worried she was in there doing somersaults mad at me, lol. Sometimes I sneak in on her and she is passed out snoring away. Do you leave water in the crate?

no... no water. That would lead to a wet crate for sure

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.