Time of the Month..?

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
I'm not very knowledgable && not exactly sure but when do female dogs get their period? Do they get it every month like we do? lol Maybe someone can shed some light on me because i'm in the dark about this one.. :confused:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I believe it's twice a year, like every 6 months and it lasts a couple weeks. We got my beagle Loki when she was 5 months from a family that couldn't keep her any more. They hadn't had her spayed yet. Well right after we took her home, within a week or so (before we could get her in to get spayed ourselves) it started! She had to wear little denim panties for a couple weeks LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Usually every 6 to 9 months, sometimes sooner, sometimes longer. It lasts for about 3 weeks.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Is Faith "in season?" Are you planning on getting her spayed?

I have never owned a female dog so I am curious about how those things work and are managed...I thought I read somewhere that it's best to get a female spayed after her first cycle?

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
No, She's not in Season Yet [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION]. Thats why I'm so curious && would love more information. She's 5 months && I wanna be prepared when she does start. Because I've always had female doggies that were spayed. && Faith isn't so I wanna be ready when she starts. Wow 3 weeks is soo long.. poor them! I wonder if they get cramps too like we doo? :( lol

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
My female will be going into her first heat any day now. I already stoked up on some Huggies

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
[MENTION=1222]Victor Y[/MENTION] how old is your female?? Do you know around what age they start?? ahh im scaredd. lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.