So who's training who?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Some of you may know, that at our old place, we layed out this vinyl flooring where Stig can do his business at his will. My bf and I worked pretty far and thought that it wouldn't be healthy for him to hold it for too long if traffic ever gets that bad. Now that we've moved, we're much closer to our work and finally have a backyard. It was finally time for Stig to be a big boy ... even at 2 and half years of age. lol. :clap2:

He responds really well with positive reinforcement so I give him a treat whenever he does his business outsideand comes back in. He caught on really quick thank goodness! So this week I notice him asking to go outside more often. Ok, no probs. Open the back door, he walks outside, takes two steps, turns around, go back in and strut to the kitchen for a treat. Wth? I tell him that he didn't do anything hence no treat. He attempted this for a couple more days. :cursing: So typical morning this morning, he goes outside, pees, good boy!, comes back in, skips to the kitchen, gets a treat. Right after he asks to go outside again. Again, wth? I let him outside, he goes poop, runs back in to the kitchen, and expects another treat. I gave in seeing he did do something outside.

This evening, he does the exact same thing. He figured out how to get double the treats. Geez louise, I think I have a genius over here. :rolleyes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Lmao this sounds familiar alright! Wait till punkin catches on. My pups all get a treat when one goes potty, cuz of course you can't give one and not the other. So mugsy and Cutty used to tag team and end up getting 4 in the mornings. They have mellowed now cuz they r potty trained and mama isn't so generous these days. Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a smart boy. They do catch on fast when treats are involved. :2thumbs:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
way to train the minions, Stiggy!!! You do me proud!!! Just don't tell my boys your secret, they don't get treats for going potty outside anymore!!!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
What a smarty pants!!!! We humans really are the ones in training, when you have a bulldog anyways :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: Smart boy, Stig, smart boy!!!

Most Reactions