Kong Zoom Groom Brush and steroid shot question??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
First question--Vegas is shedding worse than he ever has in his life. It is unreal how bad, his hair actually floats through the air. Could it be from the steroid shots he has gotten? He has gotten 2 in the last 4 months, both from pulling his leg muscles.

Secondly--I stopped and bought the Kong Zoom Groom brush tonight after work. (Joe's hair brush just isn't doing the job, LOL [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]) Do you just use it like a brush (I did and got tons of hair!) or do you kind of swirl it around in circular motions to get the fur?? He loved the brushing, as his fur was flying up my nose and into my mouth. What is the best way to use it?

Thanks Kelly.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I just brush them with is, sometime I will swirl it but usually just brush it like a regular brush and Buddy loves it, and his fur just comes off and I think I wear most of it.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I use it like a regular brush but will swirl it on his hips because he loves the massage factor, he bites at it like cats do when they are totally loving their brush down

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do both, but mostly in circular motion... I also use in during bath time... WOW the hair that comes off is amazing.

Not sure about the steroid shot causing the shedding, but I would not be surprised.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I swirl it then swipe it back through with the grain, but I never get much hair off. I could never see what the big deal was about the zoom groom, but Herman loves it. I guess I'll go do it now since we're both bored.

I found a rubber slicker brush that we both seem to like and I use the "glove" everyday now. Those both seem to get more hair off than the zoom groom, but again maybe I'm not using it right :confused:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Oh, also I read that stress within the body can cause shedding, just like in humans. Even stress from digestion, illness/pain, allergies, etc. So it's possible it's all related to the injury and steroid shot.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I swirl and use it back and forth. Wilson's hair flys off of it like it's snowing outside. He's not so bad right now since he's been brushed all summer but in the Spring, OMG it was horrible. I also keep one in the tub where he gets bathed (two story house and I'm lazy, lol). I don't get nearly as much off when he's wet as I do when he's dried. I love this brush. I don't use it on Jack though since he's so thinned haired as it literally takes that much off.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I love the zoom groom. When I first tried it, used it like a regular brush and not much happened, so I put it away. Then I saw a post on EBN with lots of praise for it. There was even a video, so I tried it again more vigorously, circular motion and back and forth like a scrub brush. The hair started falling like snow! Tank's shedding is probably the only thing I'd change about him, if I could. The zoom groom and the furminator help me deal with a shedding dog in the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
First question--Vegas is shedding worse than he ever has in his life. It is unreal how bad, his hair actually floats through the air. Could it be from the steroid shots he has gotten? He has gotten 2 in the last 4 months, both from pulling his leg muscles.

Secondly--I stopped and bought the Kong Zoom Groom brush tonight after work. (Joe's hair brush just isn't doing the job, LOL [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]) Do you just use it like a brush (I did and got tons of hair!) or do you kind of swirl it around in circular motions to get the fur?? He loved the brushing, as his fur was flying up my nose and into my mouth. What is the best way to use it?

Thanks Kelly.

Nooooooo nothing can replace Joe's hairbrush!!! NOTHING!!! Unless.... :hmm: maybe Joe can start using the Zoom Groom?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.