Today is a sad day concerning Vegas...video added.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We just got back from the vet and he had some horrible news for us.

He told us Vegas was fat.

Jerk!

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Re: Today is a sad day concerning Vegas...

Geez girlie you scared me with that thread title!!!! My goodness I always fear the worse LOL I never looked at him and thought he was fat. How much does he weigh? Does he have a defined waist?

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China

Scared me too!!! Oh man!!!Did you tell him he was stupid!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver

You are a Brat, I was so scared that he had a seizure of something like that. Well, if it makes him feel any better, my doctor says the same. He is perfect to all of us and that is what matters.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Today he weighed in at 66 pds. I definately see a waist, but my Vet doesn't. He said Vegas needs to weigh about 10 pds less. So, now he only gets 1 cup of food a day and we have to start giving him a stew mixture of veggies as a filler. He told us it will be a challenge since his seizure meds are stimulants. Vegas has been the same weight since he was a little over a year old. Our normal vet is on maternity leave, and we decided we can't wait until she gets back......
In all fairness, we know he needs to loose some weight. It's the first time a vet has mentioned it...our other is just trying to get his seizures under control. We've already decreased his intake by 1/2 cup and started with the Charlie Bear low cal treats. Now Vegas will have to give up another 1/2 cup of food a day and start eating veggies. He loves his veggies, so I think it will be a good thing. Orion always is looking for food..so this will be a nice filler for her also. Vet said ....tomatoes, green beans, mushrooms and.......I can't think of the other one. I'm sure cooked carrots might be good. What else? Any suggestions?

A look at the paperwork said...cabbage, mushrooms, bellpeppers and tomatoes. Green beans for treats.

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson

I thought mushrooms was a no no, maybe I remember that wrong. Anyway I add veggies everyday to my pups food and as treats. I use carrots, tomatoes, broccoli (I read on here they are bad if given in large amounts), apples, blueberries, green beans. I give the veggies raw unless I am already making some cooked veggies for our dinner and I will put some aside unseasoned for my furbabies.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)

Jerk!

IF YOU EVER DO THAT TO YOUR MOM AGAIN!!!!! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART FAILURE......
NOW...I thought tomatoes were poison to dogs????? veggies are alway a good thing for them....but:eek: means you have to cook???? LOL JK love you and kisses to the kids

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

IF YOU EVER DO THAT TO YOUR MOM AGAIN!!!!! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART FAILURE......
NOW...I thought tomatoes were poison to dogs????? veggies are alway a good thing for them....but:eek: means you have to cook???? LOL JK love you and kisses to the kids

Are you SERIOUS? Carol has just looked over the list of ingredients....I think she's will cook it for them. No way am I touching mushrooms and cabbage and bellpeppers.

Last edited:

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith

Hahaha! Oh my goodness Libra!! Your too funny.. Here I was thinking the worst like Tessa! Plus Vegas isnt fat.. that vet doesnt know what he's talking about. He's just voluptuous ;) lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

I truthfully don't see it either in his pictures I think he looks great, he is just "big boned" My Vegas is 15 months old and weighs 60 and my vet said he was perfect, but then again I already knew that!! I think as responsible owners we all know better than to let them get "fat" is is not good for their health, or OUR backs when we have to put them in the tub!! Each dog is different, so I don't think there should be a set weight or chart to go by

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Jerk!

You are a BRAT! But I love ya anyways! :p

Let me know how the diet goes, losing weight in bullies is hard!!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I have always noticed your banner at the bottom of your post "Bully Hugs From Our Gang" BUT I never realized those where all yours!! I don't know how you do it I would sit in the corner and cry if I had 5 to wipe wrinkles, eyes, butts, ears, just the cleaning up after VEGAS (and I am OCD also, my house is 100% ceramic tile, with area rugs so floors are always an issue with me) is all that I get done. Having chocolate brown furniture does not help, I need brindle, drool resistant colored!! Then to have children?? your amazing!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman

I got the same news on Linus (several times) and my husband had a similar reaction to you - "Linus isn't fat! I can feel his ribs." The vet asked that Linus lose 10 pounds too, he wants him down to 70 pounds, which would be fit for Linus, he's a big and long bulldog. So far, he's shed four pounds. Playing more with Truman and getting on a better diet has helped although it's never easy!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy

Here are a few Veggies i feed the girls and they LOVE them. winter squash,brocolli I also give them frozen cranberries for the antioxidants, grapefruit and papaya.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.