Hershey I'm SOOOO Sorry... but I just can't help but to laugh !

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We 'released the hounds' last night so Gizmo and Hershey could do their business before bedtime. As Hershey is making his way to the 'Pee Patch' of the yard, he is chasing the crickets, it seems that this time of year, they are all over !

*Bounce* missed, *Pounce* Missed.. *Bully Buck* Missed -- Darn got away. . .

So he does his :poo: and he is usually quite the over achiever trying to make a nice compact tall pile :tongue: but last night, it was like - a normal stool, then walking, *Bounce* like come thing is attacking his butt, squat another Normal Stool, and now he is *Bouncing* *bucking* and *scooting* his bum, and when he moves, something is definitely after his butt - and its like he wants to do more of his business, but is afraid too.

Is it the Crickets Revenge?

Ok so I think, he just had a 'dingleberry' or a 'Klingon' hanging off his butt, like he sometimes does, and its bothering him, I go inside for the baby wipes to help the little guy out, and look outside, he is still running, looking over his shoulder, stopping, sitting down, looking over his shoulder, getting up, running, looking over his shoulder, stopping sitting down, looking over his shoulder - He can NOT figure out who is messing with his little butt, but SOMETHING is ! ! !

I get to him, and sure enough there is a DingleBerry, and as I go to help him, its definitely hanging on, so with the wipe, I'm trying to clean him, but this DingleBerry isn't letting loose - ever so gently I pull it, it seems he has swallowed a piece of one of his ropes, slowly, gently 2 inches- Gently slowly. . . a little more of this :poo: encased cotton rope, 2 more inches. (Sorry its disgusting...but . . . .

FREAKING OMG ! ! ! ! it was a 8-9 INCH Piece of that Rope, that slowly came out ! ! ! as he was :poo: it was actually hitting him in the butt, and 'Chasing him' ! ! ! !

Poor *LUCKY* Fellow ! I dont want to even THINK what might of happened if that became obstructed, but he was eating, playing and :poo: like normal

(We had taken the rope away earlier in the weekend when we noticed how he shredded it)

But in the same point, it was so funny to see him being 'chased' by a mystery monster, and the look on his face, like Damn it, SHOW yourself ! (Funny before I realized what could of been a horrible situation)

I just had to share :)

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
That was funny & very descriptive... :ROFL:

But I gotta say he was lucky that it did not get entangled in his intestines...
I remember when my Jack chewed & swallowed a long strip of fringe from a throw blanket.
Luckily (if you can say that) it became obstructed. The Surgeon later informed me that the strings from the rope fringes would have easily entangled themselves around the intestines and the surgery would have been alot more complex & dangerous .....
Keep a close eye on that little booger....!

Last edited:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
LOL I thought the crickets were biting his bumm..... but rope strings hanging it out is hilarious.

note to self, keep ropes, rope toys and anything rope-like away from Hermie

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
What an event and just before bedtime too.. I would have been scared out of my mind to do what you did, but at least you recognized what it was that you were "pulling" on. So glad it came out ( no pun intended :yes4:) the way it did and not an emergency room situation. Dublin has an undersized trachea even for an EB which means she does't have the same ability to breathe like we would want her to but the "good" part is that she doesn't eat anything that she is not supposed to and if she was to she would just gag and spit it right up.

You certainly gave us a very visual description...:rofl:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Good Story and I'm glad you discovered the problem.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
LOL poor thing probably did think it was the crickets. haha Cutty has had more than a few ropes poos just like that. Sadly he can no longer have rope toys which is sad cuz he does enjoy them so much.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Want me to dig out the offending rope from the Trash? I mean, Its not a bother, I could, and I could take pictures and and and and....
EWWWWWWWWWW

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Glad that came out as a funny story. I've had something similar with my Rottie, but it was the icicles from the christmas tree. Needless to say no more of that stuff on the tree.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, at least you were there to help him with the butt monster. :D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I thought for sure you weren't going to say you pulled a cricket out of his bum, but OMG that was FUNNY!!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Glad it all came out too! :bigeyes:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's funny I'm glad it came out Franklin had one of my hairs coming out of his bum he was so scared running around had no idea what was going on now I take a wipe with me everytime I go out

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... what a great story.... I too was expecting cricket-dingleberry..... so glad it all came out OK

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've heard some pretty bad stories with string and even dental floss being swallowed by dogs. Can be very dangerous. Glad Hershey's okay!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I feel your pain! Jake has had numerous objects identified ànd not...make an escape through the rear exit! It can be dangerous..I'm soo happy Hershey is good! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online