Finally resting comfortably....

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I posted on someone's thread about Tubs having bumps all over him. He had bumps on his left side only, about a month ago. He was not itchy and that was the only thing going on with him. We couldn't figure out why it was just the one side. She did a scraping just incase and it came up clear. She gave him some meds and it seemed to help. I bathed him about 2 weeks ago, with the same shampoo I have used on him since we brought him home. I noticed that same week, he started with bumps again, but they seemed to be the same as before and nothing really bothering him. Well this past week he was not himself. His rope was a mess. His ears, which I have never had a problem with before, were all gunked up. He ended up getting bumps ALL over him and they were REALLY itchy and he was losing his hair. I called the vet on Saturday and they couldn't get him in until this morning. They gave him a steroid shot and cleaned up his rope and ears (I didn't clean him before I took him because I wanted her to see what I was dealing with at home). We were home for about an hour and I noticed that most of his bumps were gone, about 90% and he was sleeping comfortably! I also noticed that his face was irritated as well because once he had his steroid I noticed his face became white again (I didn't notice that his face was red until after the shot), but his face was very itchy. There were a couple of nights recently that I would sit on the floor and rub his face for him because I could tell it was bother him! I just feel so bad that I don't know what he is allergic to, so we can avoid this in the future! My poor baby boy!:*(

On a different note. The vet told Tubs he needed to cut the apron strings.....he is such a mama's boy and he would't go with the vet until I got up and acted like I was going with him. He hates going to the vet and shakes like a leaf every time we go there. He is also anxious when we go to my parent's house because I usually leave him when we go there. He is such a big baby! I am curious to see how thing go in November when we take a long weekend trip to Ohio and he has to stay with my parent's for the time we are gone........:confused:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Tubs.... 30 days after the steroid shot -- ask your vet to do a full blood screen allergy test. You will have a list of knowing what to avoid.

mama's boy... nothing wrong with it -- Nitschke was the same way. I had to walk him back to the 'room' where needles/blood work and nails a trimmed every time we were there.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thank you for the suggestion. I was wondering what we could do to figure all of this out! I will request that full blood screen allergy test. I am sure that is going to be cheaper in the long run and help us out! Actually, my daughter had been dealing with allergies this past week too. She has always been allergic to dust, but this week she was hit with something else. She never needed meds before, but she was taking benadryl all week! HMMMMM

Poor Tubs.... 30 days after the steroid shot -- ask your vet to do a full blood screen allergy test. You will have a list of knowing what to avoid.

mama's boy... nothing wrong with it -- Nitschke was the same way. I had to walk him back to the 'room' where needles/blood work and nails a trimmed every time we were there.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm glad Tubs got some help and is resting comfortably. I see you're in NJ - weed/pollen has been really fierce this summer, do you think that could be his problem? When I got home today, I saw Hermans little face was all red - and his daddy had him out in the back yard playing today. My nose is burning right now as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for the suggestion. I was wondering what we could do to figure all of this out! I will request that full blood screen allergy test. I am sure that is going to be cheaper in the long run and help us out! Actually, my daughter had been dealing with allergies this past week too. She has always been allergic to dust, but this week she was hit with something else. She never needed meds before, but she was taking benadryl all week! HMMMMM

Be sure to wait the 30 days... otherwise the test will give you false negatives.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So glad he's a lot better now, hate the itchies! My allergies are pretty bad this year too, burning eyes and sneezing like there's no tomorrow. Thinking it's the wonky weather that we're getting lately.

And mama's boy!? No way. More like being a bulldog, that's how they are ya know? :)

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thank you everyone for your kind words and your thoughts/suggestions! It is times like these that I am SOOOOO happy that I don't have allergies! Hope all of you allergy sufferers make it through this lovely time!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It seems that everywhere and everyone has worse allergies than usual this year. Humans and fur-babies. Our black lab mix, Bear, has bad seasonal allergies but this year he is suffering so badly. Benadryl no longer worked and so right now we're trying Zirtec!! It seems to be taking the edge off his itches!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Dont cut the apron strings. That's what makes them so special :) Abby won't go anywhere without me. She won't even walk for anyone else. She plants her tiny hiney on the ground and refuses to budge. It's a bit of a pain sometimes I'll admit, but it's also super sweet :)

(then again, I think everything Abby does is super sweet lol)

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I agree. Tubs is actually suppose to be my daughter's doggy, but I was the one who has taken care of him since he came home. He is an excellent listener when it comes to me, but he won't listen to my daughter and when my husband tries to take him out at night, when I am tired, he won't go out unless I take him! LOL I love the fact that he is a Mama's boy....it shows he loves his Mama! :-D

Dont cut the apron strings. That's what makes them so special :) Abby won't go anywhere without me. She won't even walk for anyone else. She plants her tiny hiney on the ground and refuses to budge. It's a bit of a pain sometimes I'll admit, but it's also super sweet :)

(then again, I think everything Abby does is super sweet lol)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad ot hear Tubs is finally resting comfortably. Emma's gonna be a Momma's girl. She put the brakes on at the vet last week and hid under the chair. She wouldn't budge for no one! I agree on getting the allergy test done. Allergies are the worst this year and I recall hearing a while back that they would be due to the dryness the country has had. Emma's tear staining is bad right now and I know it's just allergies.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad Tubs is feeling better, we are in NJ too and I have ragweed allergies and they have been horrendous lately. Another thing you mentioned was that last time and this time he had the bumps you had given him a bath prior, is it possible he developed an allergy to the shampoo you are using? Just a thought.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.