Scheduled Ellie's first surgery today

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
And hopefully her only surgery. She'll be going under the knife on November 2nd to be spayed. I had to go for the first part of November so that the wife can dress her up for Halloween without irritating her belly.:crazy: While she's under, they're also going to microchip her and do a nostril cauterization that opens up the nostrils for easier breathing. I can't remember the exact name of that procedure though. It's only $30 extra, so I figure why the heck not if it helps her out with any breathing issues.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
So scary when we have any surgery done on our babies. You will be all sorts of anxious until you get that call that she is done and doing good. Hang in there, she will be fine. ;)

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
So scary when we have any surgery done on our babies. You will be all sorts of anxious until you get that call that she is done and doing good. Hang in there, she will be fine. ;)

I'm sure that she'll be ok. I haven't told the wife that she'll have to stay overnight yet. That's going to go over like a fart in a dive helmet.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, sweet Ellie will be just fine! I know it's so worrisome tho when our babies have to have any procedure or surgery done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm sure that she'll be ok. I haven't told the wife that she'll have to stay overnight yet. That's going to go over like a fart in a dive helmet.

i am sure Ellie Mae will pull through with flying colors.... and I love you fart in the dive helmet comment..... :ROFL:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
the overnight was hard for us too. So long as they have overnight care, and if they dont often you can pay extra for the tech to stay with them, what we had to do when Cutty had his acl done. Well worth the 150 or whatever it was.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

She will be fine, we had Bacon chipped when he got snipped too. Fart in a dive helmet is fantastic, I would like permission to reuse that one!!!!!!!!!

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I scheduled Tuns spay last week and I'm a nervous wreak over it and it's not until December, lol. Our vet doesn't keep overnight, is that necessary?

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
She will be fine, we had Bacon chipped when he got snipped too. Fart in a dive helmet is fantastic, I would like permission to reuse that one!!!!!!!!!

Permission granted. :2thumbs:

I scheduled Tuns spay last week and I'm a nervous wreak over it and it's not until December, lol. Our vet doesn't keep overnight, is that necessary?

Not sure if it's necessary or not. It may be more precautionary than anything, but I'm no vet. It might be something that yours offers though. I know I'd much rather her be in the hands of someone that knows what to do (other than me taking her to the vet) if something did happen in the first 24 hours.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I was more nervous when Emma got spayed than when Wilson and Jack were neutered. Emma did great and has her sutures removed this Saturday. All of mine were chipped as babies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.