what do you say?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Very few people know what we paid for our boy, but I've been asked. I usually just say a pretty penny or these dog can be a little pricey. It's amazing how much attention these guys get. I would come back from Pet Smart trip and tell my husband about all the attention Tank would get. One day he went with us and was totally surprised. We even had people yelling across the parking lot telling us how much they love our dog. I've had people take his picture and people asking to pick him up - before he got too big :) I think most people are just curious and harmless but I never let my guard down because you never know.

I avoid taking Herman to the store for this reason :( At first the attention was cute, but after a while it's just annoying. He's very social and loves it, I'm anti-social, especially when I just want to walk him and go to bed.

titanowners

Nov 10, 2012
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Titan
I think people are curious because these type of dogs most people don't get because of the price so they feel like they need to ask. I only tell people I know like my mom, family, close friends what I paid for her. I was scared half to death about 2 weeks back because a guy maybe 20 or so stopped right outside my gate with my two girls in the front yard, and picked up my dog! he didnt see me around the corner on my yard swing but I heard the girls talking to some one so I came around the corner and he was walking along the fench with my dog in his hand. I told him to put down my dog right now and if I caught him around my house again I was calling the cops I also told him she was microchipped in 2 different places and that I would be able to track her if he felt brave enough to take her. My girls later told me that he asked to take pictures of her and he did get pictures and then he picked her up and went to walk off. Later in the day I was in my car with the girls and he didnt see us there he came back with 2 girls and they stopped and were trying to look into my yard. To say the least I personally take her out and I don't leave her side now. It so sad people are so messed up that you cant even feel safe in your own yard.

this really urked me. just is such a scary thing and people don't realize they are family not dogs. it's a crushing thought to lose your babies...glad nothing happened

Last edited:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Next time that guy pulls up, pull out a shotgun- he won't come back anymore.

People ask me this stupid question all the time, especially since I was laid off in may and now a ft student. I just tell them that he was a gift, but he's cost me about 10x whatever amt was paid for him in vet bills.

Or I get, I've ALWAYS wanted a bulldog! I tell them, please look into adopting one because there are plenty that need homes because people don't do enough research before getting them and they aren't "regular" dogs. It always makes me giggle when people look at me like I have grown another head when I tell them, "no, Dexter isn't an OUTSIDE dog. Bulldogs are temperature sensitive"

Can't fix stupid.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I moved now to a different city into an apartment so she only goes out on a leash now. I feel much safer with her here.

M

mabel lou

To break your perfect cycle of never being ask "how much" I am going to ask lmao
HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THE LITTLE CUTIE PATOOTIE? HAHAHA JK

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.