I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: what do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    I would've been so mad! Flippin creep. What a weirdo. I think I would have said a lot of bad words to him. Ones you shouldn't say in public...but I would have.

Go ahead and say 'em ... I triple Dog dare you. !
    -jack-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    I think people are curious because these type of dogs most people don't get because of the price so they feel like they need to ask. I only tell people I know like my mom, family, close friends what I paid for her. I was scared half to death about 2 weeks back because a guy maybe 20 or so stopped right outside my gate with my two girls in the front yard, and picked up my dog! he didnt see me around the corner on my yard swing but I heard the girls talking to some one so I came around the corner and he was walking along the fench with my dog in his hand. I told him to put down my dog right now and if I caught him around my house again I was calling the cops I also told him she was microchipped in 2 different places and that I would be able to track her if he felt brave enough to take her. My girls later told me that he asked to take pictures of her and he did get pictures and then he picked her up and went to walk off. Later in the day I was in my car with the girls and he didnt see us there he came back with 2 girls and they stopped and were trying to look into my yard. To say the least I personally take her out and I don't leave her side now. It so sad people are so messed up that you cant even feel safe in your own yard.
    Oh my that's scary!! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave her side

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=elearn;242034]

I have had terrible thoughts that people would take Herman mainly because every one stops their cars to say hi or tell me they have a bulldog (or in some cases ask me if he's dead when he's just lying limp on the ground and wont get up). QUOTE]

LOL. Too funny.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

It really isn't anyone's business what you paid for anything or any pet, especially a stranger! I sell at antique shows and often people come back to pick up large pieces. I always take the price off and put a sold tag on the item. So many people still open doors/drawers and fondle it and ask how much it sold for. Instead of saying NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS I tactfully tell them a price of about 1/10th of the actual sale price and watch them turn green with envy!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I think people are curious because these type of dogs most people don't get because of the price so they feel like they need to ask. I only tell people I know like my mom, family, close friends what I paid for her. I was scared half to death about 2 weeks back because a guy maybe 20 or so stopped right outside my gate with my two girls in the front yard, and picked up my dog! he didnt see me around the corner on my yard swing but I heard the girls talking to some one so I came around the corner and he was walking along the fench with my dog in his hand. I told him to put down my dog right now and if I caught him around my house again I was calling the cops I also told him she was microchipped in 2 different places and that I would be able to track her if he felt brave enough to take her. My girls later told me that he asked to take pictures of her and he did get pictures and then he picked her up and went to walk off. Later in the day I was in my car with the girls and he didnt see us there he came back with 2 girls and they stopped and were trying to look into my yard. To say the least I personally take her out and I don't leave her side now. It so sad people are so messed up that you cant even feel safe in your own yard.
    Om my lord how scary. I just can't believe the nerve of people. WOW
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Later in the day I was in my car with the girls and he didnt see us there he came back with 2 girls and they stopped and were trying to look into my yard. .
    Now THAT is just scary!!!!

I guess I'm lucky because I don't think anybody has ever asked what we paid for any of our bullies!! I can say with total honesty that Linus was a christmas gift and Daddy and Bella are both rescues ... that is if we keep Bella!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Depends on who it is and how they ask. If in general I feel that it is with legitimate interest in the breed I tell them that my researched show in our area they range from "x" to "y" and why they cost what they do (c-sections and high maintenance as young puppies) and then always warn them that if they were to find out outside of that range they should be very weary. I also carry cards from our local rescue and will give them one to ask questions or find out more. Like I said, my response varies depending on how it is asked. Sometimes my response is less that my car but more than a gallon of gas.
    I am a master at planking......

Bulldog(s) Names
    allie beth
    Likes (Received)

only 4 people know the coupel we got allie from and us everyone elese leave guessing with less then you think and more then i wanted the people that do own bull dogs dont bother they know and it shouldnt mater how much there are priceless

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I never answer the question... just act like I did not hear it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

If it's someone I don't know I will tell them they are not full blood and didn't cost that much and leave it at that. @sweetpeasmom2008 I think the next time you see that guy, take a pic of him and go the the police and tell them he tried to steel your bully and he has been hanging around your house and taking pic.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

people always ask me..and I usually throw out that we adopted her, she's spayed, and bulldogs are known for health problems, just to keep the risk of someone trying to take her down. I also have people just ask me for puppies all the time. As if my spayed dog will just pop some out.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I should do that creepy to think he took pictures of my Lola but my girls were with Lola so I hope he didnt get pictures of them. We have talked about putting up a higher fench too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads