How do you tuck your bully in at night?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I just put Herman to bed to rest his eye which is really red/irritated right now - and performed the nightly ceremony.

My "tucking in" routine is to walk him into his play pen and fluff up his blankets. He has one inside his crate that I fluff for him and his sleeping bag on the floor of his pen - which I fold back in case he decides to use that LOL Then I reach inside to check the temperature with my hand. If it's too cold, I check his room thermometer to verify if the temp is an agreeable setting. Too cold? I close all the windows...too hot? I bump up the AC. Could go either way? I crack the window, but not the one directly in front - it must be the one that isn't in a direct path to his crate. Then I check the water bottle to make sure there is enough water. I leave EXACTLY 1 soft toy and his nylabone in there. If the papers under the bottle that catch the drips are dishevled, I either replace them or straighten them out. Don't ask how much time I spend shifting his "velvet crate cover" (my old blanket) to make sure no light or breeze gets in there from the sides or back.... Then I close the pen door...and usually give him a nite nite cookie. That's when all the "good night Hermies" start - at least 3. One at the pen door, one when I turn of the room light and one I yell across as I walk up the stairs.

For myself, I just jump in bed.

Does anyone else have special routines like this? Or am I a nutcase?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
hmmm...three letters come to mind...O-C-D ! :ROFL:

but i think many of us bulldog parents are like you too! so in our community it's all "normal" ! you are a very good momma.

Both boys sleep with me in my bed. All they do is climb up and find a position/spot they like and out they go. Usually Tate will be sucking his stuffed toy on my stomach prior to falling asleep tho and then he'll move to another position (thank goodness b/c he's pretty heavy)! Finn usually curls up at my feet and then inches his way up to my head as the night progresses. They're my teddy bears.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ur a nutcase :girlwacko: Just kidding LOL

We go potty and then I wash my face and such while he waits at the door. Im finished we walk into the bedroom I get in the bed aand so does Brutus. Cuddles up next to me or in between my legs :heart:

Hope we get to meet you and Hermaan at the next meetup!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I just put Herman to bed to rest his eye which is really red/irritated right now - and performed the nightly ceremony.

My "tucking in" routine is to walk him into his play pen and fluff up his blankets. He has one inside his crate that I fluff for him and his sleeping bag on the floor of his pen - which I fold back in case he decides to use that LOL Then I reach inside to check the temperature with my hand. If it's too cold, I check his room thermometer to verify if the temp is an agreeable setting. Too cold? I close all the windows...too hot? I bump up the AC. Could go either way? I crack the window, but not the one directly in front - it must be the one that isn't in a direct path to his crate. Then I check the water bottle to make sure there is enough water. I leave EXACTLY 1 soft toy and his nylabone in there. If the papers under the bottle that catch the drips are dishevled, I either replace them or straighten them out. Don't ask how much time I spend shifting his "velvet crate cover" (my old blanket) to make sure no light or breeze gets in there from the sides or back.... Then I close the pen door...and usually give him a nite nite cookie. That's when all the "good night Hermies" start - at least 3. One at the pen door, one when I turn of the room light and one I yell across as I walk up the stairs.

For myself, I just jump in bed.

Does anyone else have special routines like this? Or am I a nutcase?

Oh yes a definite Nut case :ROFL: but aren't we all :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has a blanket and pillow in his crate. When it is time for bed I simply say night-night and he goes in on his own.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well my pups all sleep with me or free in the house anyhow so not quite the same BUT when it is bedtime I get up and go to each snuggled pup at their spot in the living room and say good night. (in case they decide to stay there) BUT Mugsy (the pug) always comes with me so he gets double loving. Cutty 90% of the time comes in within 5 minutes and Miila maybe only comes in 5% of the time. As they come to bed they then get a whole other scratch session one by one until I finally roll over and we all sleep. lol BUT Mugsy paws me a couple times after that so he gets a couple extra on top of that. SPOILED pups!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow that alot of work to go to bed. :yes: i just go to bed and sometimes sarah goes with me sometimes she is asleep in the livingroom and comes in later. she sleeps in bed with us so booty scratches and ear scratches are done then off to bed. she sleeps whereever she feels like it really but usually at the food of the bed.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Ok, I do seem to be a little nutty LOL

Herman cant sleep in the bed with me because I don't want him walking up the stairs to the bedroom and my bed is too high! So we have snuggle time on the couch. I've also noticed some hints about him having snuggle time with daddy in Daddy's Chair. Now, I swear when we first got Herman, I was told "No dog in my chair!" And if Herman ever looked at the chair he got in trouble..... so the other day I saw him trying to hop on Daddy's chair and said "Herman no!" Then daddy said "Shhhhh!" Next thing I know they are snuggling. So there is something going on when I'm not home - and I think it's snuggle-time while mommy is away LOL

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey knows when I wash my face and put my jammies on at night that it is bed time. She will run upstairs and usually meets me in bed on my pillow. I have to give a good rub behind the ears and then she settles in and snores so loud that the windows shake. I used to wonder why I had insomnia :D I don't have the heart to make her sleep downstairs so I usually end up with a pillow over my head trying to block out the noise!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo knows when I take him outside to potty then come back in and brush my teeth that its time for bed.... so he just stands next to me while I brush and then he walks with me to bed, lol. He sleeps with us, right in between us to be exact and that's about it!! Bulldogs are the best!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nope.... Banks is so NOT into cuddling or sleeping with you -when she is tired, you better just leave her be.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
We have potty time first, then we wipe bums, give a few pieces of kibble and any nightly meds that may be in order. Meatball get his bed fluffed and if its chilly I cover him up and love on him then he lays down in his crate for the night. Pan just follows us up stairs and has free range of the bedroom. He has his own bed beside ours, he has also pulled one of the comforters down in the closet that he lays on for awhile. But at some point during the night he always manages to find his way onto the bed in between my legs.

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
me, i just leave philly alone he has his bed, his crate the sofa and sometimes our bed, but my daughter and wife thats another story.
may i give an example. photo-16.jpg

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I say to Ftse bed time and he gets up and walks in his pen and gives me a kiss and I go to bed.

allyxo

Jun 26, 2012
29 Palms, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
You are not a nutcase, just a very very loving bulldog parent. That's so cute all that you do for Herman at bedtime to make sure it is perfect!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.