Got myself a new Bully!

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Well last Saturday found a stray bully wondering down my street, worn outtired dehydrated starved and just looking like death was close by. So we hosed her down gave her some water little bit of food. And with my devious smile to my hubby brought her in and gave her a new home!!! We've named her "Hope" Since then she's happier than ever before, surprisingly she's good with the kids from the very start and loves us al. Her only flaw is she doesn't like Gator lol which from her being overbred in a backyard (most likely) i don't blame her for not liking any males at this time. As long as he's not in her face she's ok being in the same room. OH but this poor girl she's extremely skinny u can see all her ribs, spin. she has a dime size mass on her not sure what it is but blueish black in color. She doesn't have very many teeth maybe 8 at the very max and that includes 1 canine. Her gums are just horrid but she's able to eat so that's good. The first day she just layed around couldn't walk very well, now she can walk the around pretty good. Has problems getting up or sitting correctly. Next week she goes to the Vet to get an exam, we would've taken her already but obviously this expense was not expected. But i was able to get her scanned for a chip which she didn't have one. So she's ALL mine... Anyone know of some maybe otc supplements i can get for her to help with her muscles and joints?
So here's a pic of her, we're thinking American Bulldog possibly mix female maybe 4yrs old. Yes she did look like she had puppies recently but no puppies were found anywhere :( so i hope they are safe somewhere. 603282_563497207013283_953584446_n.jpg601343_564264046936599_1371875130_n.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BLESS you for taking her in... she was sent to you and you found her!!!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Last edited:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's awesome for you to do that I give Franklin cosequin its a joint health supplement for dogs all the vets say its the best good luck with your new baby.

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Thank you! Yes my family says of all places to find a home she had to find me!!! (they know i'm animal crazy) but they know she's in great hands. She helps me more than i help her. Seeing her wag her nubby tail just makes me smile and relieves my stress from the day and since she can't jump yet, she'll place her paw on my shoulder. Just that alone is the best thing ever see her accomplish right now! Thanks Loveabully i'l look into that for her!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you found her and she is safe know. NuVet has a supplement for joints, I think [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] uses NuVet product. I give mine Hardypet.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:bravo: Thank You for stepping up. Poor baby. Yes, they find who they need and thank goodness she found you. I hope there's nothing wrong love won't fix. :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh look at her!!! She is beautiful!!! I can see what she is supposed to be, she will change.... she is emaciated so once you get some weight on her she may be more bully than you think!

Looking at her teets, she does not look like she had them anytime within the past month or two. Those look very dried up. Some jerk probably bred her and threw her out.... after they were done with her..... damn pigs!!! I am sooooo glad you found her!!!! You have a new set of wings!!! And they are glowing!!!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
She's very pretty, I'm so glad you found her. Just wandering down the street! What a blessing for both you and her!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad she made her way to you! Bless you for giving her a loving home :heart:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=5053]lakermarie[/MENTION] those eyes say it all. I use for joints, Regenex for horses, but I have many dogs and need it to go a long way, so I use a small eyedropper and put it on their food. 32 oz bottle going to last me a very long time. must be kept refrigerated. been using it for about 3 months or so. working great, very happy with it. vet says it's good

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sometimes people just shock me! How could anyone do that to a dog? I bet she is so happy to have you and she will love you forever for what you have done for her! Im so happy for you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online