Introduce New Shihtzu Puppy to my Bully

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
Not sure where to post this but our Bulldog Toby will be 20 wks on Monday and he wants to play so bad with our Collie (about 14yrs old) and she wants nothing to do with playing but is otherwise fine with him. Sooo, we decided to get another puppy but my daughter wanted a true lapdog so we got an 8 week old Shihtzu today. We started to introduce them but Toby is quite a bit bigger than she is and with her on my lap he wanted to put his front paws on her so I wasn't sure how aggressive he might be although there was never any barking or growling from either. I am just not quite sure how to introduce them when he is 25 lbs and she is 4 and towers over her.

Thanks for any advice.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am not sure what advice to give except for supervising them and such at first. Hopefully someone will come along soon with better advice!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have found my Bulldogs seem to sense when they are around a much smaller, fragile animal, and they are gentle with them...almost protective. Yes, supervise their introduction, but I'm sure Toby will be gentle.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The only thing I can say is close supervention when they are together. Bullies do like to get a little rough when they play.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Ummmm I can't give any more advice but I can say that :pics: of both your pups!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't have much else to offer but I did want to say "Congratulations" on your new puppy!! Wow, 4lbs huh? what a difference in size w/our bulldogs. Can't wait for some pictures :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I'm useless when it comes to advice, I just wanted to say congrats and good luck with your new puppy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online