Another bulldog puppy?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I really want another EB! Lola will be 15 weeks on monday and I can't help but feel that we really need another one! I love Lola and believe me sometimes she is enough but this being my first EB I never thought I could love a animal the way I do her and I want to share that with another one. I also would like Lola to have a buddy to grow up with and also I feel like our family has room for another one. Am I crazy? My husband says go a head and get another one so I am glad I have his support but I don't want to do this for my own selfish reasons if Lola is going to miss out on something by getting another one. What do you think? Do you think Lola would enjoy a buddy?

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I would say go for it if you have the time and $$$$ money. We have multiple dogs, no eb yet but soon. They have each other to play with as well as mom and dad. The only downsides I've found is we can't seem to get them in sync getting shots and such. Would much rather load up the truck and make one trip to the vet. The other problem is trying to get enough room to sleep on the bed. Our 180 lb. mastiff and 70 lb. rottie love to sleep in bed with us. Its a race to see who gets sleeping spots first, and if you have to get up in the middle of the night you can say goodbye to getting your spot back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GO FOR IT!!!! If you have the time, money and space.... what would stop you? I am chomping at the bit to get another, but am on hold till we move into our house and a another obstacle, but OH I AM getting another.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
If you can do it, I say go for it! I want another one so bad, but I definitely don't have the room. I have also decided to wait until Herman is about 3 years old - so he can help out with the new puppy (he's still learning a lot himself).

Another reason I decided to wait: someone thought it would be a good idea to get two puppies together so they can keep each other company - then they realized they had two puppies biting their feet and hands and eating all their furniture LOL

But like everyone else says, if you have the space and time and resources, then definitely go for it!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
if you have the time and the money I say go for it too!! I have three! Two are litter mates and brought home within weeks of each other and the other one I brought home in February!!! The older ones will be 2 in December and Remy will be 1 next month! WAIT, hold on a minute, did I just say Remy will be 1 next month? OMG, I gotta plan a party!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ummm.... you want one, you can afford one, hubby said go ahead.... I am shocked you havent gotten one picked out already! Do it! :D :up:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
If we had the money we would have had two about a year ago! But we are content to have just one spoiled princess most of the time. Dang lottery fairies anyway :hissy:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We have almost always had two dogs. Go for it!!! ​Just remember that what one dog doesn't think of the other one will! And they will compete with each other! Getting Lola a buddy is probably the best thing you could ever do for her!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo would TOTALLY Disagree here... she LOVED being an Only ! LOL she isnt real happy with a baby brother - maybe he'll mellow out and she can get some laziness time again :) :) he keeps her running crazy :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I always say everyone needs more than one.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
All I was worried about was Lola getting the attention she deserves. I will be getting another one that is for sure!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I did the same thing! lol. I think Gator was about 6 months or so when we brought Gypsy home. They love each other and it was a great decision!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Sooo Jealous, I want another one but we are waiting until Bacon is older and can be trusted to be left alone for the day w/o having to be in his daypen

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
The best thing you can do for them is get them a buddy. The younger they are the easier it is for them to accept a new dog around.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.