Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Does your bully ever leave extra kibbles in his/her dish after having breakfast/lunch/dinner? And then come snack on them later? I've been noticing Tank doing this lately and find it very odd. I almost think he does it on purpose so he has something to snack on. We feed him three times a day but apparently that's not enough for him (in his mind) I guess... :sarcastic:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
lol well that is almost free feeding really. When we first got Cutty he didnt eat hardly at all (change of scenery and all) so we left the food down for him. (Felt bad picking it up when he hadnt eaten) He ended up just eating when he wanted etc which actually was very nice way to feed all around. Then when we switched to fromm he couldnt NOT eat it all so we had to go to a schedule. Now I have heard of a few bullies aspirating on their food when left alone so I am thankful to not free feed now.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Bulldog not eating all of his/her food? WOW? Are you sure it's not a poodle? LOL

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
lol well that is almost free feeding really. When we first got Cutty he didnt eat hardly at all (change of scenery and all) so we left the food down for him. (Felt bad picking it up when he hadnt eaten) He ended up just eating when he wanted etc which actually was very nice way to feed all around. Then when we switched to fromm he couldnt NOT eat it all so we had to go to a schedule. Now I have heard of a few bullies aspirating on their food when left alone so I am thankful to not free feed now.

philly to is doing this to, when we switch to fromm (salmon) he ave. 2.5 cups a day give or take. in the process of chaning to gamebird to check.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Usko was always a very picky eater until recently. He is almost two years old now. He was on kibble for the first 7 months of his life and hated it. He eats raw now and just for the last month he's had an appetite like never before. He still doesn't eat everything I offer, but it's a massive improvement. Sometimes he doesn't eat all atonce, but goes back for the rest later.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank actually does this from time to time, but I think that it is because something interrupts him in the middle of eating (such as the UPS guy delivering a package, or he hears the kids next door going to school, or something moves in his line of vision,etc) and then he forgets he doesn't finish. It is funny when it happens because later he will walk by his bowl and get so excited that there are stray kibble still in there.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey never leaves even a crumb in her bowl. She even licks it for a few minutes to make sure she got every single thing!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon gets distracted when eating too and will forget, if we remind him it's dinner time he will go back and finish up. The mornings are a totally different story. He takes pride in doing guard duty while Jen is taking a shower. He sits at attention outside the shower making sure nobody messes with Mom. If this coincides with breakfast time he will not eat his breakfast, we leave it for him but once he is alone he will not eat either. So there have been many days when I get home from work, he still has a half bowl of kibble in his day pen, when he gets back inside from doing his business he will go over and finish up because he has company again. Silly Puppy

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Frank actually does this from time to time, but I think that it is because something interrupts him in the middle of eating (such as the UPS guy delivering a package, or he hears the kids next door going to school, or something moves in his line of vision,etc) and then he forgets he doesn't finish. It is funny when it happens because later he will walk by his bowl and get so excited that there are stray kibble still in there.

this sounds just like Tank! Okay I'm glad he's not the only one that does this. I think he get's distracted as well. Especially if he eats when I do... then he'll never finish. He'll gobble down a few and then come to me and give me the :pray: look for some of my food

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Otis leaves 2 pieces. Always 2 pieces, always stuck up on the side of the bowl. I don't know why. Don't know how. I just know that he does.
Abby even licks the sides of the bowl clean in case she missed something.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours girls eat everything and would eat the bowl if they could, Buddy will very seldom eat everything, and usually leaves some in his bowl.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman doesn't leave anything. He licks it clean, then licks around it to make sure that's clean. Then sniffs around for any stray pieces. But he doesnt rush to eat, he takes his time at least.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.