Ellie Mae is way too spoiled!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
For the first few weeks after we brought Ellie Mae home, I would pick her up and let her nap on the footrest of the recliner after playing. As she's gotten bigger, we've been making her nap more in her crate so that she's comfortable in it. That and her weight has been too much for the footrest to stay out without dumping her into the floor.

So last night, the wife and I were catching up on some shows that we recorded on the DVR. Ellie was bouncing around in the floor with her plethora of toys when she disappeared from my sight. The next thing I know, she's jumped onto the footrest of the recliner and pulled it down to the ground with her 23ish pound girth and is looking up at me with her deer antler in her mouth. Well she proceeds to climb her way up the footrest and make herself at home with her deer antler in my lap and partially on the footrest for the next 2 hours. It brought back those early memories.:yes:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Aww, the story ended cutely.... I thought it was going to end with someone getting stuck under the foot rest LOL :excited:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
First, I applaud your choice of names.. All dog's named 'Ellie Mae' turn out awesome! (I have an non-EB 'Ellie Mae Bumpus Clampett').

Second, Give it a few more months... Its less cute when 60lb's of wrinkles jumps into your lap unexpected :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
First, I applaud your choice of names.. All dog's named 'Ellie Mae' turn out awesome! (I have an non-EB 'Ellie Mae Bumpus Clampett').

Second, Give it a few more months... Its less cute when 60lb's of wrinkles jumps into your lap unexpected :)
This is where we are now, the sneak attach HI DAD from Bacon usually results in bruising and bleeding, but he doesn't know any better and we love him just the way he is.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH... 23ish lbs!!! LMAO.... wait till she is 60lbs and still doing it.... a.k.a. BANKS!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
45lbs of atomic furball jumping on the couch and across the lap on to love seat then thumping down on the floor all legs streched out for 10 to 15 minute nap of snore-a-palloza..priceless

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I'm well aware of the 60lb factor in the not so distant future. Or last Bully, an OEB, was right around 60-65lbs and she didn't hesitate to plop down in our laps. I guess I'm "broken in."

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.