Should my puppy be clean and care for at the vets ?

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks Vicaroo. I love him so much. I look forword every morning to getting the house clean and then going into the other room and letting him out of his crate so we can go outdoors.. He is a blessing in my life.. Gary

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
It's not a good idea to be feeding your dog people food. Find a high quality kibble you like - Fromms seems to be popular here - and feed him that exclusively at least until he is well. the dog needs the balanced nutrition found in the kibble. Wet food is not good for the teeth and the stool produced is looser and smellier although the vet might have him on a prescription food that they're giving him wet to encourage his eating it. Royal Canine is one of the companies that makes prescription foods. Science Diet is the other. Petsmart carries them but you do need a prescription. We've used them occasionally for both dogs and cats when the vet recommended it to assist with healing.

Save the liverwurst, string cheese and peanut butter to hide pills in so they are an extra special treat and he'll eat it.

Oh and since you don't trust this vet, switch. This site has a Vet recommendation page and Florida shows a bunch of them all over the state. I'm in Tallahassee and there are several I trust for bullys.

Last edited:

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
My dogs only get "people food". They are fed meat and veggies of different types and all allergies etc. have gone. Now I probably would not throw down a slice of pizza even though they would love me to :D I also give a multivitamin daily to supplement anything that might be missing in the diet. For the teeth, I have found that raw carrots and crunchy raw veggies do a great job. Science Diet has a recent recall and I honestly would not feed that brand even without the recall. I am so happy to hear that he is doing better!!

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I used to give Buddy little slices of banana ( 1/4 inch) about 6 with skippy covered chuncky peanut butter on them. Actually I did this morning. I also give him about 2 tablespoons of vaniilla flavored low fat yogurt for a pro-biotic. He loves honeydew melon as well. He REFUSE"S string cheese. I used in in training but after he was sick 3 weeks ago after getting home from the vet he won't touch it. I think - HE thinks it is what made him sick.. I am starting to switch over to Fromms Beef friiata on Mionday. Gradually. He has been on Taste of the Wild grain free pacific salmon canine or something or rather. Someone suggested frozen string beans and he LOVES them.. At first he played with one for 15 mins. jumping on it and stomping on it before he finally ate it. I beleive people food or say string cheese isnt so good for him.. When I first got him I spoiled him with lots of treats . hard not to. He is now eating 90% just dry kibble.. Regarding my vet. I am going to start another post here.. None of the vets listed here are close to where I live. Not even in the county I live in. What I would like to know is HOW does someone FIND or KNOW a vet is good or familer with ebd's. They ALL say they are but does that mean they are familer with many of the health problems that are associated with them.. PS which vitiman do you guys use? is it that nuvit or nuvet thing? Thanks Hero

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=5798]Hero4u2b[/MENTION] I've been using NuVet vitamin - recommended from this forum. So far so good, and the people at NuVet are quick to respond to your questions.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=5798]Hero4u2b[/MENTION] If you want to find a good bully vet I would contact your local rescue and see who they are using. That together with referrals from other bully owners in the area is a good way to start looking.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I know Kazzy. I contacted the Squishabullys meetup group that is in Fort Lauderdale ( broward county) it is a bit far. down south of me 20 miles or so but I suppose that isnt too far if I knew a vet down there was a good vet. I have a post on their website although havn't checked it this week.. I know I am not the only person in Palm beach county that owns an ebd. While socalizing Buddy one day at petsmart down the street from where I live there was a kid there with 2 dogs- one was a bullie and they were using the vet they have there . ( bansfield) or something. I have nothing against Petsmart except I think their prices are high for pet related products. I will check out these vitamins. I have seen other people and breeders pages that recommended them as well. Thanks everyone.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.