Dog in heat - urinating

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Oh, problems with Lola just don't stop. Because she's had a couple of problems since we got her (first allergies, then a hot spot), there was no appropriate time to spay her, so now she's having her 1st heat (will get her spayed ASAP after this).

The problem is that it's 8 or 9 days now into the cycle, and for the last 2 or 3 days she started peeing in the house. Not just marking, but real pee. Weather is bad (raining), so it's difficult at times to make her go pee outside (she hates rain), but her peeing in the house still seems abnormal. (note that she never peed in the house before this)

Is this normal with bitches in heat?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience but here are a few that may be able to help.... [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm no cant say sarah has ever done this. she still went outside to pp. of course she goes on her pee pads when noone is home but no not when we were home. maybe someone else will have info on this.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some times they do pee more often when in heat plus their hormones are all going crazy, so just be patient.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma was my first girl in heat in 30 years so I'm no help there. She really didn't pee anymore that I noticed but she did have a mishap or two. If Lola isn't getting out to pee because of the weather then she has to go somewhere and in the house it is. Be patient and if you have to go outside with her and hold an umbrella then do it.....I have done that with my guys before. Well the umbrella is over me. :)

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]: I was patient the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time it happened in the past 2 or 3 days. :) But now it happened twice in 2 hours. I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings, with taking her out every 2 hours ... (today it was very rainy and windy during the whole day)

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]: Unfortunately, she HATES the umbrella. Tried it many times, she doesn't like it for some reason ... :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO: Unfortunately, she HATES the umbrella. Tried it many times, she doesn't like it for some reason ... :)
Well dang then. I have been known to boot mine out and then I'll go stand under a tree to make sure they go. Sometimes we'll take them to the front yard to pee too when it's raining or snowing.

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Damn, I took her out, forced her to be under rain, didn't want to pee ... Now, half an hour later, she just peed in the middle of the living room WHILE walking! And it was quite a lot. First just a lil' bit of blood, then a FULL pee.

Should I consider it heat-related problems, or could it be something else?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I would consider it to be heat related,??? the moods and hormones during and after heat in some bitches can be extreme, if she still does it when it stops raining, be diligent. Hope she starts to behave on her own soon. I've had some that after a cycle will try to nurse their toys even take them outside with them. Be patient and have her spayed when this is over. Hang in there.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I don't know much about dogs in heat but I would say it is that also when she is done being in heat if she is still doing this get her checked for UTI.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online