Wait! What? Dang flabit... AKC?!?! :(

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
While posting my awesome advice in another thread.. I quoted the Temperament guidelines of the Bulldog from the AKC.

Temperament
The disposition should be equable and kind, resolute and courageous (not vicious or aggressive), and demeanor should be pacific and dignified. These attributes should be countenanced by the expression and behavior.

Courageous? Courageous? Molly spent half of yesterday hiding and growling in a corner because somebody folded her bed in half. She doesn't like things out of place/change... and her bed being folded didn't sit well with her. It spooked the crap out of her when she saw it.. Courageous... phhhft..

Don't even get me started on 'Dignified'... if your favorite treat is kids dirty underwear, i think you loose all dignity (maybe that's just me).

I might as well shred her papers. She doesn't meet the AKC temperment description AT ALL!!!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
all that you need to do is even think of the word 'BOO' and Gizmo is in a tizzy heading in the opposite direction... yea.. Courageous... LOL

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson's very couragous and dignified! Why every time he used to approach a :poo: snack he proceeded with confidence and dignification....:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lewis and I are dying laughing over this..... Banks will take off in any other direction where there is not a PLASTIC bag!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg thats hilarious. sarah is with people but let a shadow or plastic bag around and she runs. :peace2:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson LOVES plastic bags and will run to get to one if it falls on the floor. He'll also play the part of a Bull and me the Matador with a towel. I really need a video fo that. :D

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Thanks for the laughs. Just what I needed. Rudy is not scared of much. If mila gets pissed off it's a good idea to hide but she will pee on the floor if startled.

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
They need to add OCD to that description. :help:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.