Help! Brembo has a cold/allergies/runny nose

BernieBrutus123

Jan 13, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bernie and Brutus
I wish I could help you, I know how frustrating it is. Otis is a runny nose too. Thick, green mucousy snots running down his nose... sometimes. It's not all the time, couple times a day at most. Doctor checked him out and thought maybe sinus infection. She gave him antirobe (antibiotic) which he's taken for a month with no change at all.

I'm sure someone else will have great advice. The only thing that I can tell you is to always have a pocket full of tissues.

Hi there !

I know your issue with Otis was quite awhile back, but I am having a very similar issue with my Bernie. Snotty nose, mucuosy (mostly white sometimes a little yellow) , a couple of times a day, otherwise clear and drippy. Different antibiotics deemed no help and Zyrtec is not kicking it. Any help or suggestions based on your experience would be great! We've made countless vet trips and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. :(

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I just switched his food from all grain-free to some grain / some non-grain
I'm happy to hear that Brembo is getting the help he needs. However, I have to ask why you switched to a "some" grain food. As far as I can recall, you are the first to do this. It's usually the other way around and for good cause. -Confused-

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi there !

I know your issue with Otis was quite awhile back, but I am having a very similar issue with my Bernie. Snotty nose, mucuosy (mostly white sometimes a little yellow) , a couple of times a day, otherwise clear and drippy. Different antibiotics deemed no help and Zyrtec is not kicking it. Any help or suggestions based on your experience would be great! We've made countless vet trips and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. :(

Hi there --- have you tried Claritin or Benedryl? Zyrtec does not work for my guys, I have to use Benedryl for my Frenchie and Claritin for Lambeau.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.