Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Brembo has a cold/allergies/runny nose

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Brembo has a cold/allergies/runny nose

I have never dealt with a sinus infection either but never would have thought of one being contagious?! Let me google.... No sinus infections are not contagious but other respiratory infections are. Maybe they just arent certain that it is a sinus infection and are being cautionary?

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sinus infection is what they told me Otis had too. A month of antibiotics and his nose is still gross. It's not all the time, and only one side of his nose.. but its still runny, green and nasty. He has been on antibiotics for the Lyme's disease and antibiotics for the sinus infection twice a day, every day for over a month. If there was any kind of infection anywhere in his body I'm quite sure it would be dead by now. I'm pds his body is a completely sterile environment by now.

So... I just carry tissues all the time and wrestle him to the ground to wipe his boogers.

I hope you have better luck with the antibiotics and his problem clears up for you.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

I have dealt with this issue twice with my girl. Once @ 8 weeks and once @ 4 months. It was an upper respiratory infection. Symptoms were coughing and green discharge from nose. A round of antibiotics cleared it up both times. I would dig deeper if Otis still has green discharge, something has to be causing that .

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bernie and Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I wish I could help you, I know how frustrating it is. Otis is a runny nose too. Thick, green mucousy snots running down his nose... sometimes. It's not all the time, couple times a day at most. Doctor checked him out and thought maybe sinus infection. She gave him antirobe (antibiotic) which he's taken for a month with no change at all.

I'm sure someone else will have great advice. The only thing that I can tell you is to always have a pocket full of tissues.
    Hi there !

I know your issue with Otis was quite awhile back, but I am having a very similar issue with my Bernie. Snotty nose, mucuosy (mostly white sometimes a little yellow) , a couple of times a day, otherwise clear and drippy. Different antibiotics deemed no help and Zyrtec is not kicking it. Any help or suggestions based on your experience would be great! We've made countless vet trips and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious.

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ajwhitt44 View Post
    I just switched his food from all grain-free to some grain / some non-grain
    I'm happy to hear that Brembo is getting the help he needs. However, I have to ask why you switched to a "some" grain food. As far as I can recall, you are the first to do this. It's usually the other way around and for good cause. -Confused-

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieBrutus123 View Post
    Hi there !

I know your issue with Otis was quite awhile back, but I am having a very similar issue with my Bernie. Snotty nose, mucuosy (mostly white sometimes a little yellow) , a couple of times a day, otherwise clear and drippy. Different antibiotics deemed no help and Zyrtec is not kicking it. Any help or suggestions based on your experience would be great! We've made countless vet trips and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious.
    Hi there --- have you tried Claritin or Benedryl? Zyrtec does not work for my guys, I have to use Benedryl for my Frenchie and Claritin for Lambeau.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads