Should I be feeding my puppy more?

BondiandtheBullie

Aug 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hey Everyone,

I feed Pierogi 3 times a day, half a cup at a time, once at 7:30am, once at 12:30 and then again at 5:30.

She hammers her food when she gets it.

She is given treats through out the day for training etc.

Should I be feeding her more?? She is 9 weeks old.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can slowly increase over the next 2 months... Start by adding 1/4 c to one meal... If her poo stays solid then increase another...Ect... Back off if the poo gets runny... When she is 4 months old she should be eating 2 1/2 to 3 cup a day, depending on the food you feed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus was eating 1cup 3x a day until about 6 months...At 6mnths he was eating 2cups 2x a day to total 4 cups...He was and still is very actiive and poop was good so we stuck with that....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake got 1/2 cup three times a day until he was 5 months. Then we went to 2 feedings a day of 1 cup each feeding. I can't even overflow the cup..he gets mushy :poo:. Sooo..each one seems to be different.

Also..don't let the fact that he acts starving fool you! That's normal Bully behavior!!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Mila is 5 months and gets about 2-1/2 cups a day + about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese. Don't tell anyone but it is sometimes topped by a leftover French fry or some other leftover. Both Rudy and mila push everything else aside to get to the cottage cheese. Breeder said cottage cheese is good for their coat. Since they like it so Much and they both have good coats we have kept feeding it to them.

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Kaida is getting 2.5 cups a day at almost 4.5 months. She's always been on the slow-growing side - she was 4.6 lbs at 8 weeks and is now 17 lbs (as of last Friday). To us she looks like she's getting so big, but when we've seen other bully's - we realize we may have gotten the "runt" :tongue:

Love her to pieces though...she's just such a total love bug.
Look Mom.jpg

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon gets a little over a cup in the morning and about 1.5 cups in the evening (some times more if Daddy is doing it) and he is 9 months. He he started at a cup 2x a day as a puppy but that was also :poo: food. We switched him over once he got a little bigger. His stool now is consistent no matter how much for us. [MENTION=5760]BondiandtheBullie[/MENTION] Pierogi is and awesome name, I've never heard of that one before!!!!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie is about 4 1/2 months right now and is getting 1/2 cup 3 times a day. She started out with 2/3 of a cup 3 times a day and was fine but started getting soft :poo: when we increased it to about 3/4 of a cup 3 times a day. We ended up going back to 2/3 and she was fine again. Then we switched from her Earthborn Puppy Vantage to Earthborn Great Plains at around 16 weeks and she started getting a little chunky(er) with a "kibble belly" so we moved down to below 1/2 and 2/3 of a cup 3 times a day with great results. She has a nice shape to her lower half w/o a gut or looking overweight. She's not the biggest for her age, but still a solid 23ish lbs.

Oh and I know I said that she's about 4 1/2 months and we switched from the puppy food at 16 weeks which would indicate that we switched recently. Calendar/month wise, she's 4 1/2 months, but week wise she comes in at 21 weeks this Friday....I guess because of the 5 weeks in August. It's easier just to go by months for us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.