Low Temperature Question

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I know all of our furry children are very sensitive to heat, but my question is what is the ideal/comfortable low end temperature for them? We tend to keep the house on the cooler side and now that fall is showing it's lovely face I just want to make sure Mr. Bacon doesn't get too cold:snowing: at night:babysleep:, he was a puppy last time it was cold so we kept the house much warmer. But now that he is 9 months he likes the cooler temperatures much better. Yesterday being a perfect example he was a mad man running all over the back yard and loving it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have always used the rule.... if I am cold they should be fine, but if I am FREEZING, then they are cold. We try to keep the house around 68...seems to be a good temp for them

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I have always used the rule.... if I am cold they should be fine, but if I am FREEZING, then they are cold. We try to keep the house around 68...seems to be a good temp for them

Okay thanks, I was asking because pre-Bacon there were mornings when the house was in the low 50's when we got up

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Okay thanks, I was asking because pre-Bacon there were mornings when the house was in the low 50's when we got up

You gotta be kidding... LOL Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! We turn our heat DOWN to 68 at night in the winter.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

NICE... love the cool mornings!! 68 in winter and 72 in summer

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
You gotta be kidding... LOL Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! We turn our heat DOWN to 68 at night in the winter.

HAHAHA no that happens in the fall before we turn the heat on, we don't let it get that cold in the middle of the winter

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:rofl: I just realized you had "Bully Bootie Duty" as your tag!!........ we gotta get that one changed since checking the engine always seems to be my job!

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
NICE... love the cool mornings!! 68 in winter and 72 in summer

wow 72 deg in summer thats so nice, that temp would be winter here. We have our house @ 76 deg since its around 77-80 in the morning and 92-96 deg feels like 100 with the humidity in the afternoon.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:rofl: I just realized you had "Bully Bootie Duty" as your tag!!........ we gotta get that one changed since checking the engine always seems to be my job!

Don't know how to change it, and yes you are in charge of that stuff:2thumbs::poo:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
wow 72 deg in summer thats so nice, that temp would be winter here. We have our house @ 76 deg since its around 77-80 in the morning and 92-96 deg feels like 100 with the humidity in the afternoon.

It is only able to be like that because when we leave for work.... blinds/curtains are all closed keeping the heat/sun out. We also have the windows tinted and did extra insulation /sealing around all the HVAC duct work. We are in a temp apartment right now.... and the bill is 3x what our home was - HA and we thought we'd save a few bucks each month being here --- NOT!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Don't know how to change it, and yes you are in charge of that stuff:2thumbs::poo:

I can change or.... or you can add to the 'title change game' on the 4paw thread/forum

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We are going to have issues this winter as Brutus loves sleeping under the covers with Chanel. Chanel can handle getting too hot at night b/c she will get up cool off and come back under...Not Brutus I wake up to him breathing hard and have to move him...This winter Im thinking he will be sleeping in his crate :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.