Me or Atticus

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
oh yea when sarah doesnt feel well i jump at any movement by her and check her all the time. i find im not as over protective with my bostons. its just something with the breed i think. :yes:

I don't think it's the breed itself that makes us crazy. I think it's the way they make us love them that does it.

I must smell Abby's breath 100 times a day. Roxy is 16 years old. I think she's been to the vet 5 times since I found her forever ago. Abby sneezes and my first instinct is to get her to the doctor. You would think that I'm like this with her because she is sick but you'd be wrong. Otis is healthy as a horse now and I literally get out a magnifying glass to inspect his foot if he's chewing on it. Roxy spent years eating Beneful. I spent MONTHS researching foods while I was shopping for a bully (Abby). Then when Otis showed up I did it all over again just in case something had changed lol

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I don't think it's the breed itself that makes us crazy. I think it's the way they make us love them that does it.

I must smell Abby's breath 100 times a day. Roxy is 16 years old. I think she's been to the vet 5 times since I found her forever ago. Abby sneezes and my first instinct is to get her to the doctor. You would think that I'm like this with her because she is sick but you'd be wrong. Otis is healthy as a horse now and I literally get out a magnifying glass to inspect his foot if he's chewing on it. Roxy spent years eating Beneful. I spent MONTHS researching foods while I was shopping for a bully (Abby). Then when Otis showed up I did it all over again just in case something had changed lol

That's what I need - a magnifying glass!! I was wondering how to be able to inspect certain areas more closely LOL

leave it to another bully lover to have solved that issue already :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@ elearn just got back from the vet and Atty has 3 more weeks of ivermectin....lets keep fighting the good fight!

Are you boosting their immune systems with vitamins? Abby couldn't have the Ivermectin at all so we had to beat the demodex the old fashioned way. I stopped giving her a bath. No medicated sprays or shampoos at all, just brush her with a wire brush a couple of times a day. The holistic vet we were seeing told me that was the best way to heal the skin. Brushing with that tiny wire brush stimulates the skin and distributes the oils to provide natural healing. He also had me thumping her thymus 10 times, 3 times a day (that's the spot dead center in the middle of the chest, right between the shoulders). It sounded like a bunch of hooey to me at the time but it worked like a charm. The mange cleared up within a couple of weeks on it's own with no medicine whatsoever. I also started her on coQ10 and vitamin C supplements. Now all my dogs get these supplements twice a day, everybody has great immune systems!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.