Me or Atticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
So kts been almost a week since Atticus has had his last dose of medicine. Now every time he scratches I grab him and check him for a spot....I've scrubbed my house he has new toys and a new bed, but I still get so worried over every little thing...I think I'm gonna have an ulcer before our next vet visit. My fiancé is convinced I'm paranoid and crazy, but I prefer concerned...ps anybody who thinks they're ready for a human baby should get a bully puppy lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've had three puppies in the last 1.5 years (two bullies) and I have said this is worse than having babies....:laugh: Worse in a good way though, but oh man I'll never do that again. :bigeyes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL.... so true, you worry over every thing with these little sweeties

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Then I see how big Atticus is getting and we start talking about another puppy... Maybe I really am crazy!!!

After I had Herman for a week, I knew I wanted another one!! (Mainly because I felt he wants a friend that's NOT me bothering him all the time) I'm going to wait for exactly 2.5 years before getting another one. My husband said "NO! No. No. NO!" I said "Uh huh". Then I explained to him by that time Herman can help take care of the new one. He just looked at me. I found a couple of new things to worry about today and signed in to post about it LOL

BTW how is Atticus doing? Herman is still positive for mange (it's only been 2 weeks since we started the meds) so we're going back on Tuesday for more medicine. The doctor said her pup had meds for 6 months but she had it really bad. She said it may take Herman 2 or 3 months :(

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
He's doing a lot better. He goes back to the vet next Tuesday so hopefully hell test negative. He doesn't have any new spots and he just scratches normally....Does Herman have sarcoptic mange Too?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yea when sarah doesnt feel well i jump at any movement by her and check her all the time. i find im not as over protective with my bostons. its just something with the breed i think. :yes:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
He's doing a lot better. He goes back to the vet next Tuesday so hopefully hell test negative. He doesn't have any new spots and he just scratches normally....Does Herman have sarcoptic mange Too?

No he has demodex mange - no scratching at all. I brush him everyday and I havent seen any new spots since I discovered the first five, however the one I found initially seems to be getting larger. The vet scraped all of them and he's still positive.

Herman is on Revolution so I think that helps with the sarcoptic mange mites... but not the demodex mites. Sigh.

Did you use anything to grow back his hair?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
oh yea when sarah doesnt feel well i jump at any movement by her and check her all the time. i find im not as over protective with my bostons. its just something with the breed i think. :yes:

I wasn't even like this with my Pekingese!! And he had fur like Malachy's (2012 best in show at Westminster)! All I did was wipe his wrinkles and made sure to carry him up and down the stairs and brush him regularly. Poor guy, now I feel I may have neglected him LOL

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
No it just immediately started growing back but he eats yogurt and frozen veggies regularly and the vet said that really will help...anything to get the immune system bulked up. I think that's one of the big differences. Sarcoptic is highly contagious, even to humans, but is fairly easy to treat. I did use borax on my carpetsand a little on my couch. And [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] told me about neem oil...maybe that would speed up your process a little. Atty is my first puppy ever so I kind of got thhe crash course

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
LOVE neem oil! And it is probably you and not Atticus. lol BUT that is part of being a bully parent. Have to love them and worry constantly

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Ok I'll try the neem oil! I think the demodex is more difficult to get rid of (but not contagious, at least) :(

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
This sounds familiar. I just got done posting on FB about baby wipes, baby powder, diaper rash medicine, socks, etc.... Everytime I go to Walmart I wait to see someone on the baby isle I know and be like What the hell??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.