Been a long time...question regarding weight...

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
Jackson my young bulldog (he's about a year old) is very slim...you can see his ribs and seems to me very underweight...I'm not sure If he is full bulldog or bulldog/boxer...?

He eats twice a day 2.5 cups of Fromm grain free game bird recipe and 1/2 a pattie of Nature's Variety Raw diet....

He doesn't seem to gain weight...he eliminates quite often...more than my other pups...his stool formed but not as solid as I would like...
My other boy rocky is quite the opposite...

I just stopped the kibble as of this week and have only been feeding raw patties twice a day...he is eliminating less and even the stool is a lot smaller/firmer...

Any advice,comments would be appreciate! I would really like to get him looking healthy....nutrition is important in my house hold...

I work at a dog daycare and am around a lot of boxers and his frame/body reminds me of them a lot but I am no expert....

Here are lots of pics.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347153341.508760.jpg
Jackson side view at work
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347153391.203497.jpg
At work again with a boxer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347153423.774882.jpg
Jackson on the right....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347153511.332843.jpg
This one You can see his spine...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347153613.185359.jpg
Another side/rib view
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347153704.541763.jpg
Front view of face

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
He does look thin, but I also agree he doesn't have the typical bully build. So perhaps he is an Olde English.
Are you thinking of going to a raw diet? [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] can give you some tips If you are.
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] has helped many in the search for the right food for their bully too.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I'm not ur if he is old English...my other bulldog for sure I know is but he was given to us and we did not meet his parents...he is on Nature's Variety Raw patties...so we shall see if he gains a little more weight!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it is very concerning, he does look extremely thin.... how is his poo? I know this is a crazy question but it is important. He seems to be getting a decent amount of food so I would not think he would be that thin.

The reason I ask about the poo is because I want to know if the food is being absorbed or not properly.

Have you seen a vet, and checked for parasites to be sure?

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
He has been seen by the vet...no parasites...vet also did blood test and he said was normal! At the time we did blood test Jackson just underwent emergency surgery for eating undies...but that's another story!

He does eliminate very often 7+ times a day....when eating the kibble/raw!
It is formed but not very solid...not a huge amount

Since I just changed him this week to only raw (2 patties a day) his stool is a lot smaller and super firm...poop I was hoping for....He is also only pooping 2x a day now...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is he gaining? I am going to call for [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] because her baby Bella has a condition known as EPI, it is not very common so most vets don't know about it. It is best to rule it out as soon as possible just in case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] we haven't gotten him on a scale recently but I can say by lookin at him he looks the same as usually...super skinny to me...some days he looks a little fuller but then the next he looks so sunken in to us...I need to get him back to vet and see what could be going on with him...I was just wondering if anyone had any advice/suggestions....or any knowledge of this issue...we shall c what happens...will keep ya undated 😁

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, goodnes...he does look very thin but it seems you are feeding him enough food. PLEASE let us know how he is doing and what the vet might say. Does he seem to have a lot of energy?

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] he has TONS of energy.....took the boys for an hour long walk...rocky was exhausted and jax still was bouncing off the walls and wanted to wrestle....only thing that tires him out is going to work with me (dog daycare) but stopped taking him because he doesn't behave to well....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online