wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
As with most bullies my Guinness destroys any type of toy we buy him in no time. What do you guys and girls recommend? Rope toys he destroys in a day or two and eats the string, any type of hard plastic toy give it a week and he is swallowing the plastic and pooping and throwing it up days later. He did not really like the antlers when we bought him those. I am out of ideas!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Deer/elk antlers, marrow bones (grocery store freezer).... nylabones and Kong products

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Deer/elk antlers, marrow bones (grocery store freezer).... nylabones and Kong products

Kong products he tears up and swallows in a few days and nylabones forget about it. I am all out of options with this damn dog. I have taken his toys away and now he has moved back to my woodwork!!!

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
If he is chewing your woodwork, I suggest crating him with a rubber toy until he is over the chewing stage which could be months or years....LOL...They sell a lot of strong toys that can't be destroyed, mine like the softer ones not the hard kongs. If he can't be watched 24/7 he needs to be crated for his own good and yours. He should have toys but they are your toys and needs to be taken away when you are not able to watch him. Toys are for play not to chew on and they will eventually learn this if you teach him. Good luck with him! I for sure know how frustrating it can be. Don't play tug with him at all till he is older. IMO
Roanne

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Kong products he tears up and swallows in a few days and nylabones forget about it. I am all out of options with this damn dog. I have taken his toys away and now he has moved back to my woodwork!!!

Deer/elk antlers, marrow bones (grocery store freezer)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hmmm there is a website that sells toys that are more durable then the ones you buy at a pet store. If you google Tuffie Toy's it will pop up. I haven't bought anything from them only because Gio enjoys his antlers and nylabones and doesn't destroy them. Good luck!!! Also I have a Kong brand frisbee that has lasted a long time and Gio does try to destroy that!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Our lab can't hve any toys what so ever he will destroy it in 10 seconds flat, bones take longer but will eventually chew them down. Davidh and his wife found some toys that are supposed to be indestructible and well we ordered 6 toys from this site and a month later we still have all 6 and non are torn ripped etc. all three babies will chew and tug a war all te time with these and still have them all in tact!! Go to west paw design website

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online