Just SCOLDED by Breeder for feeding puppy Grain-Free Fromm!!

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I am a breeder and show Bulldogs and Mastiffs....I feed all my dogs Vets Choice! I would never skimp on the cost because I had too many dogs. My bullies all get 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night....although I always add just a little boiled chicken breast in their food just because I like to spoil them. LOL. A fat bully is never a good thing. If she show's her dogs she wants them bulky because that's what the judges want to see. I keep my show girls a little heavier when showing but once retired I keep them all on the lean side, same with the mastiffs. Your boy looks great and Fromm is a great quality food so don't let her advice and critical remarks scare you. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work. BTW I have 3 bulldogs and 3 mastiffs and feel that's what I can handle without skimping on their care. They are all my babies!!!
Roanne

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Our vet is 30 minutes away. Probably 15 or more vets within 10 minutes. We have taken our bulldogs to the closer vets only to end up going back to our Normal, 30 minutes away, vet. As far as long rides, Mimi and Tyler would ride in our truck on 7 hour drives to go camping. 4-5 hours drives are not uncommon. They sleep most of the trip just like it is a normal day. A few potty stops and all is fine. 1-1/2 hours should be no problem, if you cannot find a recommended vet closer.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.