Just SCOLDED by Breeder for feeding puppy Grain-Free Fromm!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I....she really should have her nose rubbed in something awful for making you second guess your care for your bulldog.
:2thumbs: ^^^^^^

[MENTION=4822]ajwhitt44[/MENTION] .. in re-reading all this, I realize I was so put off by the scolding i did not comment on the pallett issue. My vet, Dr. Rossi (yes, I am a little bias) is AWESOME -- Nitschke needed the surgery very badly, but he would not allow it to be done till he was 2 and he wanted it done by a different doctor because of the amount of work our boy needed. The difference in him after was remarkable and Dr. Cabelle was amazing.. she even cried when giving us an update because she knew how much easier breathing just got for him and how well he pulled thru the procedure.

Our girl Banks, is about to turn 7 and never had the issue.

Our French Bulldog Cheli... Dr. Rossi says he will need it, but again -- "let's wait till he is 2 yr old , see how he fills out and we'll talk about it then.. whether I do it or we go back to Dr. Cabelle we'll discuss in April" (did I tell ya I LOVE my vet) :D

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], Your vet is AWESOME!! I need one like that!!

Funny, there are NO recommended Vets on this website for the Southern Connecticut area =(.

Although I was going to get a 2nd opinion, you've made me think about waiting altogether until he's older and a little more developed. Again, I think I'll ask the vet if he's having any breathing problems and hopefully she does not try to fool me with her generalizations.,

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], Your vet is AWESOME!! I need one like that!!

Funny, there are NO recommended Vets on this website for the Southern Connecticut area =(.

Although I was going to get a 2nd opinion, you've made me think about waiting altogether until he's older and a little more developed. Again, I think I'll ask the vet if he's having any breathing problems and hopefully she does not try to fool me with her generalizations.,

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] goes to a vet in NY, may be worth a trip for you for the second opinion. Also, you can tell if they need it... loud snoring, clearing the throat, lots of phlegm, snorting, gruts,... these are bully traits yes, but when they are louder or more often, it is a sign of the pallet and nostril issue. Nitschke had all the issues as does Chelios, but Banks heck she does not make a sound... nothing unless she has been in the heat oo long.

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], thanks so much, I will contact her to see if maybe I can get Brembo checked out.

I love my vet, she's nice, loves bulldogs, and is always positive --- but I HATE HATE HATE generalizations, and I know some vets can be overly knife-happy.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)

Yes I go to Richmond Valley Animal Hospital. They are amazing there and the hospital was created and run by a bulldog breeder for 30 years. The vets are amazing and very knowledgeable about bullies. Here is their info if you need.

4915 Arthur Kill Road
Staten Island
(718) 948-3331

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] thanks so much.

Unfortunately Staten Island is 1.5 hours from me -- do you think it's worth taking Brembo in the car that long? He's never been in a car that long I don't think.

If not, can you recommend any closer vets that specialize? Or perhaps ask your own if he/she could recommend any that are closer to me?

Obviously just trying to find the right fit for my guy!

Thanks!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Kudos to you for not telling the breeder where to stick it, I don't think I could exhibit the same self control if I got flipped out on. Brembo is a great looking pup, don't sweat it.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Our other vet (nuerologist) we were going to was 1 hr away. We needed someone who knew what they were doing so we decided to take the ride...

The Vets in NY are amazing and they certainly are very faimilar with the breed. I saw 3 other bullie on my visit. :) I will see if they can recommend anyone and let you know! To me it would be worth it !!! If you want call them and ask them questions to see if you would be interested

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] thanks so much.

Unfortunately Staten Island is 1.5 hours from me -- do you think it's worth taking Brembo in the car that long? He's never been in a car that long I don't think.

If not, can you recommend any closer vets that specialize? Or perhaps ask your own if he/she could recommend any that are closer to me?

Obviously just trying to find the right fit for my guy!

Thanks!

1 1/2 is not that bad for a great vet and knowing you will be getting the right information. I drive 45 mins on a good day for Dr. Rossi and if he or we moved.. I would still make the trip.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
1 1/2 is not that bad for a great vet and knowing you will be getting the right information. I drive 45 mins on a good day for Dr. Rossi and if he or we moved.. I would still make the trip.

I agree... Its not in a bad location either. I went during the week in the early afternoon 11am and there wasnt any traffic easy to get to. They have an area for you to take him potty and sit down (esp if you drive a long way to stretch and such) Big waiting room with GREAT VETS.

@ajwitt

OP
ajwhitt44

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], thanks so much!

I am going to get in touch with them and take Brembo down for an overview and to get his nose checked out! Will update you but thanks again, wasn't sure if 1.5hrs was too long to have him in the car

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], thanks so much!

I am going to get in touch with them and take Brembo down for an overview and to get his nose checked out! Will update you but thanks again, wasn't sure if 1.5hrs was too long to have him in the car

Anytime! Its not too long for a car ride..Just bring some water :) We drove almost 2 hours to go to a bully meetup LOL

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I love your passion :2thumbs: Keep it up! BTW my mistake (I corrected) meant to say Petco not Costco in reference to the Royal Canin. My apologies to Costco and it's employees.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.