Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions anybody .....????

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Suggestions anybody .....????

Linus will eat anything and everything that has not got a pulse .... and that's the problem. A few days ago he vomited three times ... the contents of which included blanket, twigs, and a half eaten mouse (don't ask!!)

He still goes in his crate overnight and when we have to leave the house. Everything was fine, until we realised he was eating his bedding. Didn't matter what type of bedding it was ... old towels, fluffy blankets, non-fluffy blankets, quilts. You name it, and he ate it. Yep ATE ... not chewed up but literally ATE it.

So we took out the blankets and I just felt like the worst Bully Mummy in the world leaving him no bedding but after he had vomited up large parts of blanket then this was the only way forward.

So then he started to eat the black plastic liner that goes in the crate at the bottom. YEP ... actually ate black shards of plastic. Luckily he threw them up too.

So out came the black plastic liner ... or what was left of it.

THEN .... he starts to scrape up, lick and attempt to eat the wooden flooring in the laundry room that his crate is in.

So we buy a BIGGER crate liner and put that on the floor and sit his crate on top.

Ah hah ... nothing left to eat! Or at least I haven't discovered any evidence as yet.

The problem is that I simply HATE putting him in his crate when he only has those wires at the bottom to lie on .....

We've attempted to leave him out of his crate and he eats the furniture, doors, the walls ... oh yes that's a particular delicacy for him ... walls, and he also likes to eat my accent chair in the family room.

We can't put his stuffies in the crate with him because he eats him.

He has a very limited interest in nylabones or other hard toys for some reasons, and they have proven to not really be any distraction at all.

HELP .......???

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Suggestions anybody .....????

I think Jake has met his match!! Sadly..I have no ideas..but Angie's sounds worth a try!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm... to be honest I think he'd try and eat the carpet in between the crate wires ... oh and did I mention that he will still sometimes pee in his crate ....

Maybe I'll get a towel between the crate and liner. He will still be able to feel the bars but hopefully not as much, and a towel will be washable!!

Thanks @Lucy-licious and yes, @JAKEISGREAT maybe he has. OR maybe that shot of Jake near your computer was him sending emails to Linus giving him suggestions .....

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Hmmm... to be honest I think he'd try and eat the carpet in between the crate wires ... oh and did I mention that he will still sometimes pee in his crate ....

Maybe I'll get a towel between the crate and liner. He will still be able to feel the bars but hopefully not as much, and a towel will be washable!!

Thanks @Lucy-licious and yes, @JAKEISGREAT maybe he has. OR maybe that shot of Jake near your computer was him sending emails to Linus giving him suggestions .....

:shhhh: I think Jake was taste testing it!

Bully's Bikes and Books! Zoey1974's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220 This may be something to think about. For my horse stalls, I buy this special rubber type matting. This stuff is made to take wear and tear from hooves, metal shoes, and 1200 pound horses! You can buy it by the square (which is about the size of a large crate) and it is a bit pricey but it stands up to 3 horses in my barn. I have never had to replace a square yet and the horses will even paw at it with shoes on. I wonder if would work as long as he could not get to an edge of it to gnaw on?
    Last edited by Zoey1974; 09-03-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling like a 2-year-old

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like he just gets bored and needs an outlet for his energy. I get raw marrow bones for my guy. He wears himself out chewing them and they are much more durable than nylabones. He loves them and I don't worry about him breaking off pieces and choking. Have you tried these ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Corlando465; 09-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

No suggestions, sorry.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Marrow bone or kong stuffed with PB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

No suggestions, but so blessed that Vegas is a lover and not a shredder!! That has to suck and I would feel bad too.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Oh I wouldnt' know how to address this one. Dublin only eats food. Mind you, if permitted she would eat food all day and all night...... She loves a good Nylabone but not big on other toys. Have left her out of her crate for long time and she has never touched a thing... It reminds me of my two kids. The oldest when he was little was a terror opening and emptying anything he could. We had locks on everything. My second one never touched a thing. Kept all of my Waterford glass out and my friends would be in awe when they came over. Hard one to figure out. Good luck.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I wonder if this is just a phase Linus is going through? I recall last year when Tate and Finn ate base boards, my sofa, box spring and matress...but all that has subsided (to an extent), now.

No helpful suggestions to you except the usual things like making sure he has a lot of chew toys around, rotate old toys in/out so he doesn't get bored, make sure he gets his regular exercise daily. Good luck!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Well, mine is just the opposite, or was, didn't even eat his food. Miraculously he is cured now and eats all his food with a good appetite. So what I was thinking that maybe what cured Usko could cure Linus. Could it be that it's the same thing, but the dogs just react to it differently??? So this is what helped us. And before this was suggested to me I would of never believed it would help, but now he eats like never before. It is also supposed to get rid of any yeast problems.

Once a day with meal
    1/2 teaspoon of Holistic Health - Bio Health prebiotics
    1 teaspoon of Holistic Health - lacto Health probiotics
    2 slippery elms
    3 Dorwest Garlic and Fenugreek tablets

Other than this I can't think of anything that could help, but i think that it would be better to find the reason why he's doing it and try to cure that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads