Wow Layla is the exact same. She has shredded and eaten every single bed I buy her. I need to keep the dogs crated during the day still - at 1 yr 3 months - because Layla will literally eat everything. Table and chair legs, rugs, carpets, throw pillows, papers, baseball hats, and her bedding is no exception. I have learned that anything stuffed or cushy or foam or orthopedic is out of the question. Her brother gets a deluxe orthopedic mat in his crate, and she has a thin crate mat I found at Petsmart. It isn't foam, or stuffed - it is just a thin layer between her and the crate floor. She has slightly chewed the corner, but I have never come home to a massive foam/stuffing explosion. That mat has outlasted anything else for her. I don't know what it is... she is just ...bored. Wilbur will sleep but she is go-go-go. She has nylabones, and I leave one in the crate for her, but she doesn't seem interested.
Good luck - check pet stores for the flat crate mat (not a "bed"). I am not saying it is super comfy, but at least he wouldn't be on the wires! I feel for you!!!

PS what if you also sprayed the corners with bitter apple spray, the stuff that is a chew deterrent? I sprayed my furniture legs with that stuff.....