Atlas is getting a sister!!!

LittleTino

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Atlas
Just put the deposit down on an 8 week old bully girl from the same breeder we got Atlas from. Hopefully she can get here sometime next week.

We had been toying with the idea for a couple of months but when we saw the pic of the little girl we just knew. Same coloring as Attie but a bit more white.

My mom thinks we're crazy. Two legged baby due in January and moving to a new home that may not be built by March. So 2 bullies and baby, my wife and I in 800ft2. Should be cozy. But Atlas is a very social bulldog that will probably have a very hard time by himself after the baby is born. Plus we will have moved away from his girlfriend, Lola.

Anybody have any advice on introducing an 8wk old to a 1yr old and having them get comfortable with each other?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Double congrats... no wait, triple --- new house, baby and puppy!! YIKES!!

Introduce them on neutral grounds...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Given their ages I really don't think there will be many issues at all. Most dogs can sense when they meet a puppy and realise it's just a baby. They see them as no threat, so although they may sulk, they usually accept the new addition very easily!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They should be fine, just watch the one year old when they play so he will not get too rough. Plus limit their play time because the 8 week old is still a baby and needs plenty of rest.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yea for you, your wife and and Atlas! Can't wait to see pics of your new additions....both the four legged one and the two legged one!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Enjoy Potty training ... the 2 legger that is! LOL

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I just tossed in the 8 week old with the other dog, granted she is 12 and we have dog sat a variety of other dogs, so we knew her general response, which was indifference. She too was indifferent to the new puppy. Congrats and enjoy!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Congrats!

Oh and um...all that going on? I think you folks are stark raving mad. :blink:

OP
LittleTino

LittleTino

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Atlas
Ha! Thanks everyone. I remember how much work Atlas was and am sure I will have my hands full. I figure we have a chance now to handle a new puppy and no chance after the baby. At least she will be 6 months by the time the baby comes. Atlas was a lot less work by the 6 month mark. And hopefully she will learn from her big brother so the process goes quicker.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.