Insane? I talk to my bully like a human!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was just wondering how many of you talk to your bully like a human? I talk to Lola like she is a person and I always have, and I know this sounds insane but I think she does understand. Me and her have come up with our own style and way of communicating but sometimes I find myself talking to her and asking her questions like she is going to answer me, then I sit back and think how crazy I am. :blink: Whatever this is if its crazy don't pop my bubble Im happy being in my own little bully world!:tongue:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Dont worry, Herman doesnt answer me either when I ask him questions LOL

My husband (when he hears me asking Herman questions like "Can you say Poconos, Herman?") says "And if that dog answers you, you will sh*t on yourself" LOL :p

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=5160]LolasPuppet[/MENTION] I guess that's OK as long as you don't respond to her. And yes, I know someone who made a facebook page for her cat, posts as her cat, then responds to the post that her cat makes from her own facebook account. I think that may be bordering on insane, especially when she replies to herself as the cat LOL

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] I'm from the Poconos ;)

I think the dogs like when we talk to them because they like hearing your voice and they can recognize the emotion. They don't understand the words, but they know how you feel!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yeah. Taylor is right. Dogs do NOT speak English. Sorry to pop that bubble! I know what you mean though. When I say, "Let's get your medicine" to one of the dogs, they know to follow me into the laundry room for one treatment or the other. Do they recognize and understand the word "medicine"? No. But they understand my energy and intention and follow me because we have built mutual trust. If I said instead (in the exact same tone, with the precise intention of the original phrase), "Let's go chop your tail off.", They'd still follow me.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=5160]LolasPuppet[/MENTION]. You need to join our sister forum Pets can talk too! Nobody there will think you are crazy for talking as your pet. ;) and it won't take long to recognize some of the "regulars".

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo and Hershey BOTH have their own Facebook accounts, and can TYPE too ! nah actually they dont type, they use that software they advertise on TV 'Dragon Speak' ya know, so they can wear headphones and speak into the mic and tell their life stories and and and :p

The wife loves having long winded conversation with the dogs 'Now, I told you two to quick running around the kitchen table, you know I just cleaned there, and there isnt any food hiding there, and Gizmo wipe your feet when you come into the house.

I look at her, and do my best Charlie Brown Imitation (ya know when any of the adults talk... "Whahh whahh whahh" oh does it Piss her off :p

But Gizmo does pick out certain words 'Ball' 'Walk' etc if I say 'Where's your Ball' she will tear through the house looking for her ball, and she WILL find it, and bring it back to me :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my boys have their own facebook account too and also use dragon speak! I talk to my dogs all the time, sometimes Oliver will answer in Chewbaccalish, I'm still learning the language :laugh:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I talk to Vegas all the time, sometimes he is the only one that listens, lol

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I talk to Jenna all the time...my roomie will ask what? Nevermind your talking to the dog.....I have lengthy conservations with Jenna when we walk....I tell her about my day at work and the stupid humans I dealt with....sometime she seems interested...other times she falls asleep sitting there

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] - I'm guilty of those same conversations, but I catch my husband holding the same conversations with the dog too, but his are mostly "Didn't I tell you to not tear up the house. If you don't stop it you'll be living out on the porch! Stop it! Herman I said to stop, stop right now! Oh you are not going to bite me, I'm not your momma!" LOL

[MENTION=5363]Taylor[/MENTION] - we're taking Herman to the Poconos in October for a mini vacation and to see some great fall foliage :)

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] - lol, My husband does the same thing. I'm no better as I am home all day with them. If I give Daizy crap, she tries to bite me in the butt and talks back!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Uhhhhhh, I thought everyone did. :blush2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts