Giving Wilson more freedom during the work week

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
great attitude, I know you will succeed! the secret is to repeat as much as possible while staying positive and assertive. keep us updated! :)

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Got to watch those poor pitiful faces... Mia chewed a hole thr ough the sheetrock her first week out. We decided real quick one room at a time. Baby gates worked wonders.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is almost 9 months old. We have left him out for short errands just to see what he does. We usually come home and he is in his crate waiting for us. If not there, he is snoozing on the couch. When we are going to be gone longer, he is baby gated in his room (laundry room) with his doorless crate and a few stuffies for company. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
He saw what happened to Jack last week and doesn't want that to happen to him. :ROFL:
:ROFL: :goodone:

THAT IS cruel and unusal punishment...... heart breaking I tell ya just heart breaking!!! :cry:

Wilson, Aunt Christine is coming to save you from this horrid life. My poor sweet Wilson...

hee hee hee
:scared: He's been saying to me when the heck to I get to go visit my Auntie Christine!!! Then I tell him you're like Weaser and he gets :scared: again. :laugh:

That poor baby!!!! How could you look at that face and still let him sit in the crate! :p He needs a hug!
It's time to let him roam.

Wilson's been out many many times alone and for all day and short days with never an issue. I think I just got in the habit of crating him. One of the reason he's been crated is more that Jack to torment him with his play and would grab Wilson by the next folds and remove fur and skin off of Wilson by his ears. He never did it in a bad way to don't take that the wrong way. :) They've both grown up quite a bit now so I need to start trusting them both together. After scooting him in today I realized the time is now. :luv:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Forgot to mention that I have a home monitoring system and I've been watching Wilson the last several times he's been out to see what he's up to and he's been fine. When I took Emma to the Vet the other day they were both left out and they were fine. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
18 months is a good age. plus you do have the monitoring system as insurance. I say go for it!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
jeesh, maybe I need a survaylance system too, all of mine are loose. since they were 18 months old, If anyone of them ever did anything, I wouldn't know who to blame :blink:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions