Healthy treats

madelinekyle926

Aug 10, 2012
Massachusetts
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet but Doc will be his name
My boyfriend and I might be getting our Bully this weekend and we want him to warm up to us real fast. I wanted to bring him a tasty (but healthy) treat for him. Any recommendations? I would bring frozen veggies or something but we have to drive three hours to see him so it can't be anything that will "melt."

Thanks!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I know the long drive is kind of a deterrent, but could you consider putting some frozen green beans on ice in a cooler? Most bullies just love them and you can avoid any allergy reactions that way. Congrats on the new addition!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can even give him a bite of banana, or Apple too.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I brought my two pups home the same way last year, and to this day they love "nanners" (banana)! Just limit it - it is high in (natural) sugar - (sugar nonetheless) but they sure love it!!
Make sure you have A/C in the car!
Congrats and good luck!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My bullie don't have anything to do with veggies. I feed raw, but ofcourse that is even "handier" than frozen. I boil pigs tongue or chicken gizzards, cut them to bits and he loves them and would climb up a tree go get one.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
What [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] said "He's a bully puppy he will love you unconditionally even without immediate treats."
3 hours is quite a long trip. Maybe bring some of whatever is his everyday food just in case. If he is a puppy He will likely sleep most of the way. When you get him home after 3 hours sleeping let the terror begin LOL. Really they are quite funny after a 3 hour nap. You will think he is really a Jack Russell terrier.

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Dried beef liver treats! I bought a tub of them and cut them into small pieces since the daily serving size is small. I took them on our way to pick her up and she loved them!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had a three hour ride home with Bacon when we got him as well this is how he spent the entire trip

Attachments

• puppy3.JPG
    puppy3.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 119
  • puppy2.JPG
    puppy2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 116
  • puppy1.JPG
    puppy1.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 114

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.