So SHOCKED!!!

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Yesterday i was out walking Sumo. I should add that sumo is VERY stubborn, and she likes to walk where she wants to walk and when she wants to walk. So i have her in a harnass and im usually dragging her a little every time were walking, or shes dragging me!!!

I was crossing the street at a stop sign yesterday and sumo decides to lie down in the middle of the street. Obviously! So i pulled her to cross the street with me.

There was a truck at the stop sign and the guy yells at me "You're a disgusting human being!!!" and i was so shocked all i could say was "excuse me?" because i had no idea what he could be talking about.

he yelled at me about how i was a terrible human and digusting for pulling sumo across the street. He goes, don't pull an animal like that!

i was so shocked i coudln't even say anything, although there was plenty i wanted to say back.

Sumo is actually my entire life and i spoil her rotten and i know im a good owner. Just so upset about the whole thing.

felt like i had to share. Still so shocked by it!

206146_10100810021073651_960318115_n.jpg

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Dont worry about it....

Same thing happens to Jack... At times he just wants to stop and sit at the most inopportune moments...
The harness is a good thing cause it allows you to pull and control him without injuring him .

The guy in th e truck, although admirable to call someout out at what he thought was doggy abuse, did not know the circumstance nor that a harness actually does not hurt the animal...

So, dont worry about it. I would have just stuck out my finger at him ..... :lol:

kam62284

May 17, 2012
Central PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
My bullie, Lucy, does the exact same thing. Walks when she wants and where she wants. I, too, am almost always dragging her for at least part of our walk and I'm always afraid someone is going to yell at me or my neighbors are going to think I'm a terrible dog owner! We're going to puppy school so I'm hopefully the trainer there can resolve our walking issue!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some people just don't understand. Like [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] said, you had a harness on and no problem, it's not like you had a collar on and was pulling him by his neck. Blondie does the same thing, she will just stop when ever she wants and you have to drag her to get going again.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse does the same and we have a harness too and have to pull him. You were too nice to the truckie LOL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry about your experience, but as we ALL know, bully's do what they want, when they want! I was at Petsmart and Vegas decided to just lay down on the cool tile. He too had on a harness. I pulled him down the whole isle while he was laying on his belly. The only thing I got, (thank god) was people laughing.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I think that just shows his ignorance. Should you have sat in the middle of the intersection waiting to be run down?? You are such a nice person because I would have had all kinds of fingers and choice phrases flying! Rest easy, you are a great mom! :2thumbs:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
As others have said, I wouldn't stress about it. He clearly has no idea how stubborn our bully's get! I too have fallen victim to dragging Gio up the street, luckily my neighbors all laugh since they know me and they know how stubborn my guys are. You're a great mom so don't let it bother you, next time show him the bird!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Clearly that guy's never had a bully. Yes, don't stress over it. Many of us would've done the same thing.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm sure that was annoying. Something similar happened to me..... Herman likes to lay in the HOTTEST sun - he sees a sunspot and he lays right in it for a couple of minutes... So right on cue, he laid down in the sun on OUR lawn. I was pulling and tugging at him to get him up - and at the same time poking and playing with him trying to get him up because I was hot. A guy stops and says "Mam do you need any help? I have a bulldog and they dont like the heat." I told him "thanks, i'm fine. he likes the sun." He just gave me a skeptical look and said "Hmm, he likes the sun? Um, ok..." and drove off slowly watching me like he didnt believe me. I was terribly annoyed. We had been out there all of 3 minutes.

Of course, however that could have been commendable if I was at a public place and something happened to him and he stopped to help (I'm assuming he was going to take me and Herman to the vet or something).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online