Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Hello,

It does look like TESS might be a smaller body EBD. During the 1st year dogs grow up and by 2 they grow out.
The BCA standard lists 50 as the normal female weight.

Just continue to look at her body and let her body tell you if you need to feed more or less.

Good Day~

Thanks for the information. That will help out a lot 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Re: Too Little🐶

I'm pretty sure the BCA standard is forthy for female and fifty for males. And your baby looks petite and most excellant

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
I'm pretty sure the BCA standard is forthy for female and fifty for males. And your baby looks petite and most excellant

Thanks Sherry😌. I just look at everyone else's bully's and they are so hugh compared to my girl but I keep telling myself as long as shes healthy and active then she perfect😁😍🐶.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Gunny is over 20+ lbs and only 13 weeks. I will trade you. I can't imagine what it will be like having to lift him into the SUV. Hernia here I come.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus

Bocephus is 20 months and he is 50lbs... the vet says that is a great weight, but he does look small when compared to other ebd's. When he was 4 months, he weighed 18lbs. He is kinda short, I think that makes him look chubby. Your girl sounds like she gets enough to eat and like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said, I think its a good thing when they aren't overweight... I bet she is just perfect!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

You definitely do NOT want an overweight bulldog ... that's when you exaggerate any health problems they may already have and create more such as breathing difficulties!!

All your pics are of your baby sleeping or sitting so difficult to say without a proper body shot, but my Maggie was 35lb at 4 years old so they do come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

I've found with making the fleeces that bullies come in all shapes, lengths and sizes.

We were thrilled to find a smaller female when we found HRH. We have a small house and she fits. :)

When we go to meetups she is usually the smallest one there at around 40lbs. although one bully girl came to one a few months back that was actually much shorter legged, but a bit chunkier than Gracie. She actually looked smaller overall, the owner wasn't sure of her weight when I asked. I'm guessing about 35 lbs but she was definitely chubbier than Gracie.

So don't fixate on a number. You want to see muscle tone and a waist when looking from above. But no ribs. I've got a good picture of HRH to show you what I mean.

DSC_0009.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
I've found with making the fleeces that bullies come in all shapes, lengths and sizes.

We were thrilled to find a smaller female when we found HRH. We have a small house and she fits. :)

When we go to meetups she is usually the smallest one there at around 40lbs. although one bully girl came to one a few months back that was actually much shorter legged, but a bit chunkier than Gracie. She actually looked smaller overall, the owner wasn't sure of her weight when I asked. I'm guessing about 35 lbs but she was definitely chubbier than Gracie.

So don't fixate on a number. You want to see muscle tone and a waist when looking from above. But no ribs. I've got a good picture of HRH to show you what I mean.

DSC_0009.jpg

That's exactly how Tess body is shaped. Nice to see another small girl😊she's gorgeous🐶

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346244501.884664.jpg

Here's a pic of Tess standing in a birthday hat for our Yorkie Lee!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.