Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe chews for teething ebd puppy

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Safe chews for teething ebd puppy

Thanks Davidh I will see if I can find one around, Tonkatruck 28 I found the himilaya things. They had them at pet supermarket in Boca down a few miles from where I live. I have been to pet smart and another pet supply store near where I live but never a pet supermarket. At first he barked at it then when jumping all up and down I think it scared him or something but he is LOVING IT. now.lol Thanks

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

@Hero4u2b glad to hear! We use it whenever we need to occupy him lol. Works great with a towel down in the truck!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaTruck28 View Post
    Try holding the nylabone for him maybe? Tonka usually has very little interest in his nylabones, but if I am sitting beside him and holding them for him to chew on, he goes to town sometimes for 30 minutes to an hour or more! Also, I would try what I call an Everest chew, it's a hard himalayan cheese treat that Tonka absolutely loves and it's super hard and great for them to gnaw on. I am never without one now. We usually do the jumbo now buy did the large before. You can find them tons of places online! Our local stores carry them here.
    Be careful with the Himalayans as a puppy, we feed them to Bacon too but when he was little he swallowed a chunk of it and it didn't break down like it was supposed to so he ended up getting backed up for a few days. After a little bloody stool he passed it, just keep an eye on your pup with these when they start getting small.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Baconator. I will keep an eye on him. Acutally he has had it half of the day now and not been able to put a dent in it. I also found a few tennis balls which he LOVES.. I just worry with those as well because of the fuzz that ends up coming off the surface. Thanks everyone. Hero

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

All we used when Winston was teething was nylabones! Pretty much the only thing he couldn't chew through in a few hours and still to this day he loves them! We also used to wring out small dish towels and freeze them! He used to LOVE to chew on those until they defrosted, it really helped with the pain I think. We always had a backup to, it would keep him busy for a while but can be a tad messy lol.
    Last edited by Lauren31287; 08-28-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

He doesn't touch the nylabones I have 2 different kinds sitting in his toy box. He is going crazy as I speak chewing on these goat hoofs or whatever they are. lol He already lost his himalaya thingy. It must be under a sofa or somewhere I will go get a flashight and look for it in a bit but He is running around the house like he is on speed or something. funny. He really seemed to like frozen face cloths at first but now ( well I havn't tried them in a while) doesnt seem to intrest him. Thanks Lauren

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

We have something called a "chilly bone" that has worked well so far. Basically a cloth shaped bone that you submerge in water, squeeze the air out while in the water and freeze. Once frozen, let the pup have at it. You could probably accomplish something similar with a wash cloth.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried the deer antlers ... they love them!!! Great to chew on and obviously full of nutrients that are good for them!!

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Kazzy. I saw them at the Pet Supermarket. I bought him several things and a few tennis balls. and YES I saw antlers.. I just didn't buy any. I definatly will next trip. Thanks everyone. Hero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads