Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Does your bulldog sign cards?

  1. #1
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,179
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    210

    Default Does your bulldog sign cards?

    I wanted to make a poll but don't know how.. I was wondering:

    When you sign a card (like birthday card, get well card, and so on...) do you have your bully sign it too? We always put Tank's paw in ink and "stamp" his paw on the card to sign it. Lol I don't know if we're weird but we do it every time we send a card to someone because he is a big part of the family and we consider him our son. Please share!
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    No I don't, but it's a cute idea
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  3. #3
    Pet Sitter Bo'sMamaGirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Location
    Nothern KY
    Posts
    393
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)
    91

    Default

    We draw a paw on the card and write Bo's name next to it.
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

  4. #4
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,179
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    210

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    We draw a paw on the card and write Bo's name next to it.
    AWW! How cute! I'm glad we're not the only ones then..
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  5. #5
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    I sign all our names on the card Roe, Rich, Chanel and Brutus The paw print is a cute idea
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  6. #6
    Pooper scooper
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    30
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet.
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Red face Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    I wanted to make a poll but don't know how.. I was wondering:

    When you sign a card (like birthday card, get well card, and so on...) do you have your bully sign it too? We always put Tank's paw in ink and "stamp" his paw on the card to sign it. Lol I don't know if we're weird but we do it every time we send a card to someone because he is a big part of the family and we consider him our son. Please share!
    I would definitely appreciate receiving a card like that!

    I went to see Legally Blonde when it was on Broadway, and of course, Legally Blonde had two enchanting four legged stars.

    As usual with my son, we waited outside the stage door to see the actors come out. I was all prepared with my camera, to snap pictures of Bruiser and Rufus. Rufus was supposed to be a male, but he was played by a female, Chloe. Since the actors actually dance holding the bulldog in their arms at some points, the smallest possible bulldog diva is needed.

    The wait that night was pretty long, and I got to talking with the head usher. He was telling me about the accommodations for the dogs, and I was glad to know they were scrupulous about keeping them cool. I didn't think the dogs would need much time getting costumes or makeup off, and I thought they must have needed to hit the street, so I asked if they weren't coming out. The usher said yes, they come out, and he pointed to a spot up the block--apparently the dogs had long since left, by another exit door. I looked so downfallen, he joked, "Why, did you want to get their autographs?" And I sadly nodded my head.

    He disappeared into the theater and came back out with another program; he showed me that this program included paw prints next to the dogs' names. Although he did mention that he'd had the idea to make these programs up for children that saw the show, I wasn't the least bit embarrassed. I still have it squirreled away!

  7. #7
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    We use to do that, but since they absorb thru the paw pads, we decided to buy a paw print stamp at the craft store. I have actually been looking into having a stamp made out of a photo of their paws. I've found a website, but have not yet tried it out. PM me if anyone wants the linky.

    Some paints can be toxic, so just be careful.

  8. #8
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    We draw a paw on the card and write Bo's name next to it.
    Absolutely. The cats, parrot, fish and frog sometimes sign too. Most of the time, I just use "Vicaroo and The Herd" for greeting cards. Covers everyone.

  9. #9
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    I'll make this todays poll.... I have this one in my holiday poll file... I'll go drag it out.. LOL
    Thanx

  10. #10
    Bully's Bikes and Books! Zoey1974's Avatar
    Location
    Lake Milton, Ohio
    Posts
    406
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    I think that is a fabulous idea and will have a paw print on mine from now on. Most everyone thinks I'm crazy anyway


  11. #11
    Pet Sitter LoveMyBully82's Avatar
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    320
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    That is a cute idea! We usually just write out Jackson's name.

  12. #12
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,179
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    210

    Default Re: Does your bulldog sign cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by kayo56 View Post


    I would definitely appreciate receiving a card like that!

    I went to see Legally Blonde when it was on Broadway, and of course, Legally Blonde had two enchanting four legged stars.

    As usual with my son, we waited outside the stage door to see the actors come out. I was all prepared with my camera, to snap pictures of Bruiser and Rufus. Rufus was supposed to be a male, but he was played by a female, Chloe. Since the actors actually dance holding the bulldog in their arms at some points, the smallest possible bulldog diva is needed.

    The wait that night was pretty long, and I got to talking with the head usher. He was telling me about the accommodations for the dogs, and I was glad to know they were scrupulous about keeping them cool. I didn't think the dogs would need much time getting costumes or makeup off, and I thought they must have needed to hit the street, so I asked if they weren't coming out. The usher said yes, they come out, and he pointed to a spot up the block--apparently the dogs had long since left, by another exit door. I looked so downfallen, he joked, "Why, did you want to get their autographs?" And I sadly nodded my head.

    He disappeared into the theater and came back out with another program; he showed me that this program included paw prints next to the dogs' names. Although he did mention that he'd had the idea to make these programs up for children that saw the show, I wasn't the least bit embarrassed. I still have it squirreled away!

    aww what a sweet story!! I can't believe they actually dance while holding the bulldog. That's got to be tough! That would be such an awesome show to go see. I love Legally Blonde
    I'm glad you got their autographs even though you didn't get to meet them! Great story thanks for sharing!
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •