OOhh heck yes....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have been gone the last 7 days on vacation to visit my parents/sister, while I was gone Joe taught Vegas a new trick....he can now roll over on command!!!

WHY is it that I spent 2 YEARS to finally get him to give me a high five, I offered a side a beef, side of pork whatever to FINALLY get him to give me a high five on command. I was gone 7 days and NOW he does a roll over on command with NO treat??????????........

thinking he is playing mommy against daddy! Anyway GOOD BOY!!! and don't ask for video, I am too stupid to figure out video!!!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Way to go Vegas!!! Are you hiring Joe out? Can he come here and teach Rook?
Rook picked up everything else fairly quickly, but the rolling over on command has eluded us!
Mind you he is a natural at randomly rolling over and demanding belly rubs, of course.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Joe just tells him to roll over and does a finger roll, and he he just does it for him [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]...baffles the sh*t out of me since it took me forever to get him to do a high five. He is 3 now, just goes to prove that you can teach another trick, I am such a proud mama!!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I bet your proud of him. Maybe he just responds better to Joe on this type of thing? Could be? Emma's now does the high 5 anytime asked too. :) That's pretty neat. Bet it makes Joe feel good too? :up:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I bet Joe was so lonely and bored he worked on Vegas every chance he had. :whistle:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He loves Joe more..... :p:p:p

Kelly, I replied on FB but it wont post. so, Good Morning ;)

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
How cool! And how do you get them to do the high five??? I've been trying but Zoey looks at me like I grew an extra head or something!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Great Job Joe, Im having trouble teaching Mikey sit. Send Joe here or I can send my crew there lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
How cool! And how do you get them to do the high five??? I've been trying but Zoey looks at me like I grew an extra head or something!
It takes some practice and repeativeness. When you go to feed Zoey, give her a snack or other food related stuff - do this. Emma looked at me the same way too! :bigeyes:

1. Hold the treat so she knows she's getting it, tap on shoulder of the leg you want her to lift and say "FIVE" and shake her paw in the motion you want her to do and give her the treat.
2. Do this repeatedly and one day she'll do it.

Emma's first one was quite soft in the way she delivered it, like she wasn't sure. Now I don't have to have a treat at all.

Oh yeah, don't say "Gimme Five", just "five." You can throw the 'gimme' in later. Keep the command at one one. :up:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online