Does my pups ears look normal?

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. I am a new ebd owner and got my puppy at 9 1/2 weeks. He is 4 months now. I feed him taste of the wild pacific salmon food ( grain free) I talk to a woman here in Florida via e mail who has been very helpful in some of the questions I have written her about and sent me a link to this site. She is a breeder and respected member of the BCA. When I sent her a few pics of Buddy ( my dog) she asked me if he was pure bred ebd and that his ears should be glued. I looked at his papers and his litter is registered with the AKC and I wrote the breeder in regards to his ears. She said both his parents ears were rosebud. I think the term was and I could tape them or glue them but if I wasn't planning to show him not to worry about it. Well I do not plan to show Buddy. I bought an ebd because of their disposition. looks ect and am very happy with my pup. I am asking you guys ( experienced ebd owners) should I look into doing his ears? Glue or tape? Thanks everyone.. Hero 8-25-2012 006.jpg8-26-2012 005.jpg8-26-2012 009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
Re: Does my pups ears look narmal?

:butterfly: you should just love your baby if you don't plan on showing him I would leave them alone he's a very cute baby his ears a longer than some but he's perfect the way he is

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OMG.... I love his ears, I am partial tot he flat/floppy ears -- Nitschkes were like that and I used to inter-twine them in my fingers when he was on my lap ... so soft. :heart:

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks Loveabully. I do love him. very much.. I just want to make sure that this is a normal thing and he should possibly grow into them? Thank you. Hero

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
No, don't worry about his ears if you're not going to show him. Every bulldog is unique in their looks and yours is absolutely cute! Rosebud ears are required for showing, but if you aren't into that, no reason to put your bd thru an unnecessary procedure to acquire a look that only the judges/ showers care about.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Well, would you like to have your ears glued or taped? Of course not, and I'm betting your cute Buddy wouldn't either. He is darling the way he is and he will grow in to them some! Welcome to EBN!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Oh...when Orion was a puppy, I was horrified by her ears. I would often threaten to clamp large fishing weights onto them to hold them down. They stuck up something fierce. They eventually settled a little.
Here (H-ear) she is at just about 6 months old........

img1773c.jpg

I've just realized...her ears are still up there. Here is a photo I took just seconds ago.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Last edited:
OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thank you everyone for your warm replies. I just felt a bit like maybe I was missing something or my pup was not up to par so to speak. He is a very sweet baby. When I first got him I noticed he would want to play rough.. want to tugg of war and grawl really mean like but I decided the first week I was not going to play with him like that. Thanks everyone.. Hero

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hero, Buddy is ADORABLE!!!!! That is one sweet face.

Yeah, don't worry about his ears. He is WAY too cute to mess with :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well, would you like to have your ears glued or taped? Of course not, and I'm betting your cute Buddy wouldn't either. He is darling the way he is and he will grow in to them some! Welcome to EBN!!!

Exactly.........ears, smears as long as he's happy, healthy and loved he's got more going on than a lot of puppy's who have to deal with a glue job.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My Pookie has floppy ears too. But so does his daddy, who is probably one of the most beautiful bullies I have ever seen :luv:

IMG_5726.jpg

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Check his ears to make sure there is plenty of airflow. One benefit to rose ears is less ear infection problems. If the ear flaps don't allow enough airflow you might want to consider glueing them.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks so much everyone. I feel the same way I just wanted to make sure. This breeder woman who shows dogs told me this but after hearing from everyone here I am going to leave his ears the way the are. Appreciate it everyone. Hero

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.