Product you may want to try for anyone whose bully's feet get irritated!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Mr. D has been battling red skin between all his paw pads on all his feet since we boarded him last - weeks ago. :( Neo Predif powder, which was recommended to try first, didn't work, so we got Vetericyn VF Wound & Infection Treatment (a spray) today at the vet. Google it, the reviews are awesome. It seems to be working already! They say it's good for hot spots, etc. is not harmful to dog or stingy to them either. He is also on a prescribed antihistamine and another rounds of antibiotics. :( If it isn't one thing, it's another. Argh. And he hates the sound the bottle makes and tries to run when I spray him. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope the new stuff works fast and gives him some relief... thanks for the info, it will be a good one for those having hotspot issues

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are welcome. Just from 1 antibiotic dose, the spray, and antihistamine, his feet look 50% better overnight!!! :) Thanks for wishing him well. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
:hmm: i will have to check this out. sarah is on pred right now which i hate but she is better and not itching. nothing else was working really. ill see about ordering it when i get paid again. thanks for the info. :2thumbs:

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We have the vetricyn as well. After hearing about he wonders it has worked on some horses in the area, My sister swears by it for her Boxer. We have been trying it between Tonkas toes for yeast and it's been ok but not a miracle. I might try with gold bond too and see what happens. It did a pretty good job with the cut on his ear tho!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:( If it isn't one thing, it's another. Argh. And he hates the sound the bottle makes and tries to run when I spray him. :([/SIZE]

If you suspect that this will be an ongoing treatment for Mr. D, get a spray bottle with water in it and treat/praise him every time you spray the bottle in to the air. (not at him, of course - just making the sound) Pretty soon he'll come running when he hears that pssst sound.

I recognized early on that Bea's tail pocket was going to require daily care. She learned that the phrase "Let's get your medicine" meant that after a moment of "not so great", you got many moments of "super great" (treats and praise). Bo has learned the same phrase by proxy I guess because now, he expects his tail to be looked after (baby wipe clean and Desotin cream at the "crack") -- and then rewarded as well. Makes it a lot more pleasant when you don't have to chase them down.

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much for that hint! Luckily right now he's got meds that I put in cheese for him, so he was better the last few sprays knowing he is getting cheese after. :) If it gets bad again though, I will try your trick. My SO had to hold him down the other day so I could spray him and I felt bad - he always normally lets me handle him to do anything - tail pocket, wrinkles, eye drops, etc....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am ordering some of this for sure!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
We have the vetricyn as well. After hearing about he wonders it has worked on some horses in the area, My sister swears by it for her Boxer. We have been trying it between Tonkas toes for yeast and it's been ok but not a miracle. I might try with gold bond too and see what happens. It did a pretty good job with the cut on his ear tho!
You should try ACV/WATER it works great franklin had a yeast infection on his tail an in 4 days it was completely gone I have the vetricyn to that works really good for cuts an hotspots the best

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
You should try ACV/WATER it works great franklin had a yeast infection on his tail an in 4 days it was completely gone I have the vetricyn to that works really good for cuts an hotspots the best

Where do you get it? I'll look online but just wondering if I could get it in town

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I've seen ads for it in "Cesars Way" magazine and in "Bark" magazine. I always wondered how good it was. Must be by prescription from the vet?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

Where do you get it? I'll look online but just wondering if I could get it in town

ACV/WATER is Apple Cider Vinegar and Water.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
ACV/WATER is Apple Cider Vinegar and Water.
Yep its apple cider vinegar you can get it anywhere make sure its all natural an 50/50 half ACV half water in a spray bottle it will sting for just a second an then they feel so much better do it 3 times a day till it goes way and so it doesn't come back put a teaspoon of it in there water everytime you fill it up ACV is so good for dog good luck let me know how it turns out

Most Reactions