My four month old pup woke up two days ago with bright green thick snot clogging nose and mucas flem in his chest.

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
My four month old pup woke up two days ago with bright green thick snot clogging nose and mucas flem in his chest. Took him to vet and got some pills and they told me it was kennel cough ??
Well today its way worse and if he can't even try to run A little without coughing and the horrible sound of all the flem. But he has yet to cough any up and i just wonna get him better asap.

Any advice please

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you could try to aspirate his nose and but him in the bathroom with a steamy shower for a bit. I'm not sure if I would give him Benadryl though. Make sure he drinks lots and lots of water. Ice cubes in the water dish might help. The canine influenza in going around and vets are calling it Kennel cough. I hope he gets better soon. let him rest, I'm sure he doesn't feel good.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] gave you some great advice above. Keep a close eye on him and if he gets worse you might call your vet. You don't want it to turn into pneumonia.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh poor baby! Steamy shower is perfect as sherry stated, lots of rest. Don't miss med time, keep a close eye on behavior. Not eating, drinking, and lethargy mainly. Get a thermometer and check temp regularly (rectally). Push fluids as much as possible. If you feel something is just not right, trust your instincts and go back to the vet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] has you cover.... hugs and positive thoughts to Tonka

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thank you all very much
Love Tonka

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=5794]Hoffy[/MENTION] is Tonka doing any better today?

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
No his chest flem is worse sounding but he still cannot cough any up. The stuffed nose seems to have lightened up A bit tho.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=5794]Hoffy[/MENTION] had asked if lemon juice would help with the phlegm......anyone have thoughts on that? I don't know about chest phlegm, only the throat phlegm.

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
@ Sundog. Yes the pills he is getting are antibiotics.

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I really like this site and all you good hearted people. Thank you

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
So last night while I had the shower on steaming up the bathroom I gave Tonka A quick shot of the pure lemon juice down his throat. I gabbed up Tonkas favorite mini basketball for which I know when he is holding it and trying to keep it from me he takes in these big snorting breaths as if to let me know do not touch his ball. So we went into the steamy bathroom for about 15min. I gave Tonka another lil shot of the lemon juice before bed also.
This morning was the opposite from yesterday morning and His breathing sounded way better but his nose was more runny. I cleaned out his nose and took him potty and then he jumped into bed to cuddle for A bit. He snatched my arm up and began to hump on me for the first time ever. LMAO... He has grabbed my arm like that before but never done the humping motion till this morning. Maybe A Tonka thank you???
So I got home A while ago and my girlfriend said that Tonka has sounded better all day and way more active but still just more of A runny nose. I steamed up shower as I gave him another shot of lemon juice and gave him A nice worm bath in the steamed up bathroom. Got him nice and dry and cleaned ears out and all wrinkles on face and A loving slap on his Tonka butt. as I write this he is playing with his tennis ball and sounds sooo much better. I will keep up the steam bathroom visits and A lemon juice shot here and there and his meds till my Boy is back to 100%
Thank you all so much for the advise
Tonka & Troy

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online