ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346707422.219435.jpg
Rugers poor face

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwww........ bless him!! :crying:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Sorry super busy week!,
Thank you all for your prayers! Surgery went well expect the 'gag' they had around his mouth caused a huge hematoma so his entire face is a huge scabby sore!! Will post pics!
Good thing is that he isn't messing with it except to lick off ointment

Just seeing this now. How is he doing? Dublin has had two palate surgeries but never a hematoma. How the heck did that happen?? Poor baby. I would want a good explanation. If he is fully recovered then all is well in the end, but................

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What the heck? Why did that happen? Did they put something on too tight? :cursing: Hugs for the sweet patient. Just wanna kissy his ouchies... I hope someone is with him all day. I'll still be praying that all these things that need healing, better do it pronto!!!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
What the heck? Why did that happen? Did they put something on too tight? :cursing: Hugs for the sweet patient. Just wanna kissy his ouchies... I hope someone is with him all day. I'll still be praying that all these things that need healing, better do it pronto!!!

I am glad to see someone is as horrified as I am at that poor baby's mouth...... I obviously don't want to upset his mom anymore than she is but that is just not right.. I get so mad when I see these things. Lucky I don't know who is responsible :madchair:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sorry I missed this, but I do hope it all heals well poor guy!!

OP
Jenni

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
So sorry haven't been on computer in a couple months! Rugers face healed with little scarring, but surgery was not a success, no change in breathing, vet will do surgery again at no charge and use something else to hold mouth open! We are thinking of trying nose hole surgery before soft palate again! What do you guys think?
When Audrey was a puppy her nose holes were so bad she could eat or drink without throwing up from choking and after she had her nose hole and soft palate she is great! She doesn't even snore all the time

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
So sorry haven't been on computer in a couple months! Rugers face healed with little scarring, but surgery was not a success, no change in breathing, vet will do surgery again at no charge and use something else to hold mouth open! We are thinking of trying nose hole surgery before soft palate again! What do you guys think?
When Audrey was a puppy her nose holes were so bad she could eat or drink without throwing up from choking and after she had her nose hole and soft palate she is great! She doesn't even snore all the time

I was wondering how poor Ruger was doing. I was horrified when I saw the pics the last time. Dublin had to have two palate surgeries. Her vet said if she would need another one then he would do it for free. When the time came she also had swollen Laryngeal saccules to be removed and he wouldn't do the surgery so I ended up going with a board certified surgeon who is absolutely brilliant. First surgery Dublin did have her nares opened and it certainly did help. Second surgery cost an "arm and a leg" The surgeon did the nares, and the palate again plus the saccules. I love her Vet but he made the right call going with the surgeon. I urge you if possible to get a referral to a surgeon before you have your vet do any other surgeries on Ruger. I have been down this road so I do feel qualified to give you this advice. Dublin is a completely different dog since her second surgery and I would never have her operated on again by anyone but the surgeon we last used. I still feel very upset when I think of Ruger's mouth last time. What part of the Country do live in?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: good luck Ruger hope all goes well I'll be thinking of you I was going to name Franklin Ruger I really love that name my prayers are with you all

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online