Can a pup grow that much slower than another pup...

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I agree with the it's better if they don't grow too fast statements. When we got Mimi (RIP) at about 4 months she was being fed 3 cups of food a day. She started screaming in pain one day because of her shoulder. One vet wanted to operate for about $3,000. We took her to a different vet that we trusted more but 30 miles away. He told us to cut her food in half and she would be fine in a couple days. It worked. We kept her on the lean side the rast of her 10.5 year life and she was one of the most active bulldogs we have ever seen. IMO keeping them lean and healthy is more important Thant trying to get them to be the biggest broadest bulldog around. They will get there eventually if the genes are there.

Of course this lean thing hasn't made Rudy's breeder the happiest person on the planet but health wise he is doig much better than at least one of his siblings (weighs 10 pounds more than Rudy but has a limp). At one year he is starting to fill out nicely. Solid as a brick. Probably going to break one of my legs one of theses days when I say "race". I can't outrun him anymore.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.