Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a pup grow that much slower than another pup...

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can a pup grow that much slower than another pup...

LOL. They look kind of strange while they are growing. Our Amber is coming up on 10 months old and now her head if filling out but for a little while her body was all over the place. She had huge feet and her shoulders seemed small for a bit but they have and are catching up to all the other parts. Once her jawl started protruding her head starting really shaping up. I agree to be patient and let him grow, he will be awesome.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Wow @KaidasMom your girl is a little lady, Bacon was that big when we got him at 8 weeks

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kaida
    Likes (Received)

@Baconator - Kaida was only 4.6 lbs when we got her at 8 wks. She is a little one! Love her though. She'll catch up though. Her mom was 45 lbs fully grown.
    KaidasMom, aka Tina

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

I agree with the it's better if they don't grow too fast statements. When we got Mimi (RIP) at about 4 months she was being fed 3 cups of food a day. She started screaming in pain one day because of her shoulder. One vet wanted to operate for about $3,000. We took her to a different vet that we trusted more but 30 miles away. He told us to cut her food in half and she would be fine in a couple days. It worked. We kept her on the lean side the rast of her 10.5 year life and she was one of the most active bulldogs we have ever seen. IMO keeping them lean and healthy is more important Thant trying to get them to be the biggest broadest bulldog around. They will get there eventually if the genes are there.

Of course this lean thing hasn't made Rudy's breeder the happiest person on the planet but health wise he is doig much better than at least one of his siblings (weighs 10 pounds more than Rudy but has a limp). At one year he is starting to fill out nicely. Solid as a brick. Probably going to break one of my legs one of theses days when I say "race". I can't outrun him anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads